Brisbane Accommodation - Pacific Dawn

Hey everyone!

I'm so glad I found this forum, you've given me so much information - thank you!

We are flying from Sydney to Brisbane the night before the Dawn departs - is anyone able to tell me if the Novotel Brisbane Airport is good to stay at for cruise passengers? It has a free shuttle from the airport and seems to be a short taxi ride to the cruise terminal?

Also, got our tickets in the mail yesterday and we noticed we have been changed from O class inside, to J class inside - Room A219. Is this a good thing???

Thank you!!

Tanya

Hey everyone!

I'm so glad I found this forum, you've given me so much information - thank you!

We are flying from Sydney to Brisbane the night before the Dawn departs - is anyone able to tell me if the Novotel Brisbane Airport is good to stay at for cruise passengers? It has a free shuttle from the airport and seems to be a short taxi ride to the cruise terminal?

Also, got our tickets in the mail yesterday and we noticed we have been changed from O class inside, to J class inside - Room A219. Is this a good thing???

Thank you!!

Tanya

Hi Tanya,

The Cabin upgrade is really good, it appears you have been moved from the Plaza deck 2nd deck from the bottom to Aloha deck the highest deck with Cabins where the suites are.

http://www.pocruises.com.au/OurShips/Pages/PacificDawnDeckPlan.aspx

The Novotel is pretty well a brand new Hotel and would probably be a $30 cab ride to Portside.

There are several closer but they are all low rise Motel style places on Kingsford Smith Drive.

Which Cruise are you on?

Hi macca,

I am on the cruise that leaves on 26th June - W022. We are in Brisbane for the whole day on the Friday before the cruise leaves, so we wanted to do some shopping at DFO and we were told the Novotel is the closest hotel to the shops.

Also, what time flights do people normally book for the day they arrive back? I'm worried that if the ship is back late I'll miss my flight. How often are ships delayed?

I've been told that the dining room is above my room on the ship, but that isn't open all night long is it?

Thanks for all your help!

Tanya

Also, what time flights do people normally book for the day they arrive back? I'm worried that if the ship is back late I'll miss my flight. How often are ships delayed?

hi Tanya, the cruise lines dont like you booking a return flight before 12 noon just in case the ship is running late.....they could be held up with the weather or something else

rkmw

The Novotel Airport is just about right on DFO, and yes it is a brand new hotel. I would sooner pay for the cab ride to the portside then book a motel near portside. Where most of the motels are on Kingsford Smith, it would be so noisy. You will get a better rest at the Novotel.

Hi macca,

I am on the cruise that leaves on 26th June - W022. We are in Brisbane for the whole day on the Friday before the cruise leaves, so we wanted to do some shopping at DFO and we were told the Novotel is the closest hotel to the shops.

I've been told that the dining room is above my room on the ship, but that isn't open all night long is it?

Thanks for all your help!

Tanya

The posters above have covered your questions regarding flights and DFO pretty well, I dont think the Ships are late too often and they usually dock around 6am.

Your Cabin on the Aloha deck will probably get a pretty early disembarkation with the Suites.

I still wouldn't risk too earlier flight, you can always have a decent breaky on the Ship before you get off.

The back of the Aloha deck is under the Buffet but I think it closes around 11pm and opens 5:30-6am. have a look at the deck plans to see where your Cabin sits, I attached a link in my previous post.

Archived