Backstreet Boys Cruise

cketz1

Imagine if you booked this BSB cruise by mistake......i would need pepto bismol just to keep my food down...lol Now a Kenny Chesney or Jimmy Buffet cruise would be great!

Yeah...I would be all over that cruise in a heartbeat!!:D

Thanks for the review. It sounds like it was an amazing time. It must be crazy at all times. I def with post a review when I get back. I'm hoping they do some things like the NKOTB cruise. It would be great to see them hanging out with fans and just having fun with all of us.

It might be harder for them to do because it will be distracting to the non BSB passengers. Maybe if all goes well this year they can charter the whole ship next year. All of the New Kids have mentioned a cruise for 2011, I can't wait until I hear the official word. For the last 2 years they have used Carnival Imagination and they did it the same weekend. I've checked at Carnival but that weekend is still for sale.

Didn't some of you ever hear the expression... If you don't have anything nice to say.. Don't say anything at all...

This post started out with a legitimate question & derailed into something completely different.

I'm not a BSB fan, but I'm not going to talk bad about them or their fans for doing this cruise. It's an amazing opportunity & I hope all who are going have the time of their lives!

I've been on 2 cruises set up by Rosetours. The 1st one had some minor issues, but with all the feedback that I'm sure they received, the 2nd cruise was top notch!

Yes, it was the NKOTB cruises.

YES the price was 3 times more than the price of the same cruise you could do any other weekend. BUT, any other cruise wouldn't have been the same. Yes, it was fully chartered which meant the WHOLE ship was NKOTB tricked out! From the second you walked into check-in, you were in NKOTBland. The posters, the music, the crew, the fans, the employees were all waiting as you walked onboard. It was a great way to spend 3/4 days, with an amazing group of fellow fans. Friendships have been made (with fellow fans) that will last a lifetime.

As mentioned from another cruiser - NKOTB was everywhere. They hung out w/the fans, dined w/fans, danced w/fans. They were all over the ship and always ready for their fans. Whether it was a pic, autograph, a conversation, a joke, a drink, a dance - they knew what they were there for and none of them let us down. They were having just as much fun as all 2000 of us fans.

I'm 33, have a job, roof over my head and if I choose to spend $1300 - on a cruise catered to my liking. Then so be it. It was a perfect weekend getaway for my friends & I -from our everyday life.

Everyone has their own vice. Elvis, Madonna, The Beatles, Journey, Garth, Reba, KIIS, The Stones - all of which I love. But NKOTB is my era and I'll rock with the Block for life!

If any of your favorite musicians do a cruise, I'd say GO & don't think twice about it! It's a completely different music/fan experience. And an opportunity that doesn't happen too often.

Happy cruising!!

I have nothing against the middle-aged. I'm creeped out by middle-aged women who are obsessed with the Jonas Brothers. It's one of the myriad of things that creep me out.

Phew!

Then you'd probably understand my obsession with Donny Osmond.

:)

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I am going on my 3rd Rick Springfield cruise this November. I have had so much fun on this cruise. If you book with out going through the travel agent you will not be able to do any of the things. Now Rick does one concert for the whole ship on the lido deck where anyone can come. I know the five night cruise will be just as fun as the two 4 nighters I was on the more you are on the Destiny you get too know the ship better

Hello,

I am going on my 3rd Rick Springfield cruise this November. I have had so much fun on this cruise. If you book with out going through the travel agent you will not be able to do any of the things. Now Rick does one concert for the whole ship on the lido deck where anyone can come. I know the five night cruise will be just as fun as the two 4 nighters I was on the more you are on the Destiny you get too know the ship better

Does he only do a lido deck concert? New Kids do two concerts in the main show lounge (you only go to one) and they party every night on the lido. It will be interesting to hear about the differences. What else do you get to do on his cruise?

NKOTB & BSB are just a little after my time and before my daughter's so I'm not really familiar with them (I keep thinking that Justin Timberlake was in BSB) what but I'd really love to know (and this is not a joke, laugh amongst yourselves if you will)

Does Barry Manilow ever do this type of thing? sigh :)

Fanilow & proud of it! That would be a rocking cruise!

Imagine if you booked this BSB cruise by mistake......i would need pepto bismol just to keep my food down...lol Now a Kenny Chesney or Jimmy Buffet cruise would be great!

Pepto would not cut it for me I would need a heavy duty shot of something strong or a really good sleeping pill..call me when the Dead or Eric Clapton decide to play then we will talk..

NKOTB & BSB are just a little after my time and before my daughter's so I'm not really familiar with them (I keep thinking that Justin Timberlake was in BSB) what but I'd really love to know (and this is not a joke, laugh amongst yourselves if you will)

Does Barry Manilow ever do this type of thing? sigh :)

Fanilow & proud of it! That would be a rocking cruise!

Oh wow. No joking matter! I'd totally go if Barry Manilow OR Elton John did one of these. My daughter (19) would totally laugh me off the planet, but gosh, I would love either of those for a concert cruise!

Archived