Green Card

daveotto

No one answered b/c they honestly just don't know. And you probably would have gotten some smart alec remarks about asking.

Def. call the Carnival 800 number and speak to a Carnival Rep b/c they can give you a clear and definitive answer. Sorry that's all I could offer.

Please check the following sites:

http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/retain-greencard.html

http://www.usimmigration.com/greencard-information.html

I highly suggest your wife replace her green card immediately. Her green card is part of the documentation needed to reenter the US along with her UK passport. Also it is considered a misdeamenor to not carry it on her person at all times.

As with any site, please call and verify the information. Don't just take our word for it.

Your wife should have filed an I-90 to replace her Green Card as soon as she lost it. The fee is $290 and the processing time is generally 6 months. She may or may not have to pay the biometrics fee of $80.

I do not know if she needs this to go on the cruise, but the copy will not suffice as a re-entry document. You should have her call USCIS and ask if she should cancel the cruise or if she can re-enter the US without her green card.

She will need the original greencard to return to the US. I would not call Carnival as they are not the authority on this. Definitely call USCIS and see if she can get it replaced immediately or some other official documentation. When I applied for my greencard, the immigration officer at my interview stamped my passport and wrote some long number (application or approval number?) and told me that I will be able to travel before I received my greencard with that. Good luck!

When I lost my green card I was able to make an appt online for the office in Tampa and got issued a temporary card. not sure if it would suffice but would be worth the trip.

Her green card actually "trumps" her other ID.

My BIL is Australian and all they wanted to see at check in was his green card..they really didn't even glance at his passport.

BTW..legal aliens are supposed to have their green cards at all times and present that as ID if asked. As I said that trumps all other ID...she needs to call immigration and get that card replaced ASAP.

Archived