Limo service from airport ???

giggles217

I had read somewhere on this board about hiring a limo service from the airport to the hotel and then from the Hotel to the ship but can't seem to find it again.

I think the name of the Limo service was Star?

Has anyone used a limo service? And is it Star and what would the telephone number be?

Thanks!!!!

We used limo service during our trip this past October. We used Charley's taxi, but they sub-contracted us out to another operator. We did arrange for a lei greeting through Charley's, and they stocked the limo with MIller LIte and bottled water for us.

However, I did meet others that used Star Limo and got a much better deal than we did. Here's a link to their website http://www.hawaiistarlimo.com/.

Having the limo greet us at the airport was a great stress free way to start our trip. I would definitely do it again!

Based on what others have said I emailed Star Limo - and they have quoted $130 for an airport pick up to hotel at Waikiki, pick up from hotel to ship and then ship to airport.

Does that sound about right? They did respond pretty promptly when I emailed. We are going in July/August for honeymoon. As the British pound is pretty strong at the moment against the dollar that doesn't seem too expensive to me

If that $130 for all three rides, that's pretty good IMHO. I paid $110 for the airport-Waikiki service, but that did include the alcohol and lei greeting at the airport.

I did find the business card for the sub-contractor Charley's used for our limo. The name of the business is "Limousine Services", the owner/operator's name is Kevin, and his phone number is (808)294-4709. We were very pleased with his services, and he did say to call him direct next time and we could save quite a bit.

Hope this helps!

Just a caution on Star Limo on Maui.

We had pre-booked an advertised private stretch limo tour for the "Road to Hana" in April 2004. This is one of the tours listed on their website, and we were really looking forward to it, since we did not want to drive the road ourselves, and we really didn't want to be on a tour bus. They confirmed our tour through an email, and verified the times and locations we were to be picked up and dropped off.

About a month or so prior to our departure this past October, my wife and I decided we would contact them about another idea (in addition to the Hana tour) we were considering on Maui (because we were there for two days). During that call we had mentioned to them that we had an existing reservation for the road to Hana tour. When we mentioned that to the dispatcher, he went on to say that all "tours to Hana were suspended indefinitely", and that we "were on their list to call".:mad:

We were not the only ones that I know of that this happened to (based upon other CC'er posts), so I would definitely seek committed assurances from them that if you book one of their tours that they won't cancel at the last minute. I also saw in a number of posts where the complaint was lack of responsiveness for Star Limo on Maui.

In our case, it worked out fine, because we enjoyed what we did that day anyways (there's so much to do on Maui). But it was initially very disapointing the way they handled it so close to our trip.

Archived