Premium Beverage Package review

martini cruiser

Do both the classic and premium packages work like that -- If I buy one or the other package and go over the maximum per drink cost, will I then just pay the difference? Or am I restricted to drinks that don't exceed the maximum?

And one other question -- Is there any limit on the number of drinks? Or places where they are served? Or any other limit that I'm overlooking?

Thanks for any info.

If you get the classic, you are limited to the per drink cost. If you exceed it, they charge you the actual price, not the difference. There is no limit to the number of drinks per day nor where you can use the card.

We've had the beverage card twice - once in the Med and once in the Caribbean. Great deal both times! We will absolutely get it again next year on our Adriatic cruise.

I took the plunge and bought the premium package. Although it seems like the smart thing to do, I must confess that I feel a bit guilty about paying almost as much for that as for the entire cruise, balcony and all.

I do see this is bumped, but the original question was about a port intensive cruise.

Here's what I did for my upcoming cruise, I looked at the departure times from ports, and figured that if I was on shore until the last minute, and stopped drinking at 11pm, how many hours per day was I likely to have something?

For my Alaskan cruise, it worked out to 57 hours all week including at-sea days (starting at 11am). With the classic package (even discounted this week) I worked out about 7 drinks a day (or 49) to break even, which is nearly a drink an hour while I'm on board. For me, I decided that was not likely to happen across the whole cruise, so I am going a la carte.

Archived