Premium Beverage Package review

martini cruiser

Thanks for the support you all!

I did order the flights of martini's and they charged me for 1 drink for 2 of the smaller flight sized martini's. Fine with me as the plan covered it that way. I could have ordered full size but not sure I could find my stateroom after that.

I really appreciated that I could order top shelf with the premium package, Chopin, Patron, Grand Mariner, Bacardi Anjeo etc..

At dinner there were always several wine options that suited my entree.

The only negative ( and minor at that) was the port selection was limited because of the price.

And service was so good that Wilfredo at the pool bar went on a hunt and found the last 2 bottles of bitter lemon soda on the ship. Like I said before I had no problem at all with service it was super everywhere I ordered a drink!

Martini Cruiser

Love the Bellini before dinner; we usually do scotch, but Bellinis are a great idea. Thanks!

Now a question: were there decent red wines by the glass? We are planning to bring on our four bottles (two cabins), but we're thinking that it might not be worth the corkage fees since we are doing premium packages. I do like nice Italian reds, but the lists I've seen thus far look like bar menus rather than a restaurant wine list. Any input would be great!

Martini Cruiser: I am trying to decide between the Classic and Premium Packages for my upcoming cruise. Although I enjoy a good martini :), I am more likely to drink cocktails. I was looking at a bar menu that someone had posted, and it looks as though most cocktails are under the $8 mark. Did you notice if that was the case? I am not looking for top shelf, just cocktails and wine by the glass with dinner. Do you think the Classic would work in this case?

Martini Cruiser: I am trying to decide between the Classic and Premium Packages for my upcoming cruise. Although I enjoy a good martini :), I am more likely to drink cocktails. I was looking at a bar menu that someone had posted, and it looks as though most cocktails are under the $8 mark. Did you notice if that was the case? I am not looking for top shelf, just cocktails and wine by the glass with dinner. Do you think the Classic would work in this case?

Yes the classic should work for you, just less expensive brands and the wine by the glass a little limited.

Love the Bellini before dinner; we usually do scotch, but Bellinis are a great idea. Thanks!

Now a question: were there decent red wines by the glass? We are planning to bring on our four bottles (two cabins), but we're thinking that it might not be worth the corkage fees since we are doing premium packages. I do like nice Italian reds, but the lists I've seen thus far look like bar menus rather than a restaurant wine list. Any input would be great!

Somewhere there is a list of the by the glass wines, I'll try to find it.

I drank a nice Lehman Shiaz , and a Sangiovese also a Cote du Provence rose, since I don't care for white wines.

Martini Cruiser

We are on a Western Mediterranean Constellation cruise Sept. 11 out of Barcelona and have 5 ports in 7 days. I like the idea of a premium pkg but worry about getting enough value with so much time off the ship. Any input?

Thanks in advance....

We are doing a TA in Oct. There has been some question as to whether you can puchase the Classic or Premium package mid-way through the cruise. As the first several days are port intensive (less drinking time onboard), it would be good to have the package pro-rated perhaps mid-way through the cruise to cover the last days which are several at sea.

Has anyone done this?

If you buy the premium package online before the cruise, do you have to pay sales tax?

From what I have read you can start your package any day of the cruise but you have to buy it for all the remaining days. You can't buy it for the first half and then stop. That's my interpretation.

Celebrity told me that drink packages cannot be pro-rated. If you buy one later in the cruise, you will pay the full amount set for that cruise. Whether or not this is true in practice once aboard ship, I don't know. I have not read or heard of anyone who actually purchased a package after a couple of days and was allowed to pay less.

Celebrity told me that drink packages cannot be pro-rated. If you buy one later in the cruise, you will pay the full amount set for that cruise. Whether or not this is true in practice once aboard ship, I don't know. I have not read or heard of anyone who actually purchased a package after a couple of days and was allowed to pay less.

I started another threat to ask that very question -- if anyone has actually tried before, and got quasi-flamed. :p

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1214096&highlight=

Here is the bar menu pdf from another post

[ATTACH]158543[/ATTACH]

Hope this helps!

Don't forget these prices don't include the 15% tip. So the $12.00 Sangiovese wine would be $13.80, the premium package includes up to $12.00 before tip.

Martini Cruiser;

Thanks for posting this I am sold on the premium package for our upcoming cruise.....THANKS again now I need a drink :)

Vince

Martini Cruiser;

Thanks for posting this I am sold on the premium package for our upcoming cruise.....THANKS again now I need a drink :)

Vince

You'll enjoy both the cruise and the pkg!

Originally Posted by ironin viewpost.gif

I talked to several people who bought the package after the first day and it was pro rated on the Equinox.

But you can not pick and choose the days you want.

Martini Cruiser

• 1 year later...

Since this is an older post, does anyone have any recent experience with the packages?

I'm a beer drinker & enjoy some good rum as well. My question is will this package (Premium) cover buckets of beer? I usually get one bucket & sit by the pool for a few hours. I don't want to be waiting on the next beer to show up.

Thanks.

Since this is an older post, does anyone have any recent experience with the packages?

I'm a beer drinker & enjoy some good rum as well. My question is will this package (Premium) cover buckets of beer? I usually get one bucket & sit by the pool for a few hours. I don't want to be waiting on the next beer to show up.

Thanks.

No it doesn't. One drink at a time.

Thanks.

Yes, this thread is several years old, but the premise of the beverage packages is still the same.

So NO... you cannot order a bucket of beers. It doesn't work that way. It is one drink per person. One drink at a time. :)

Hi, I'm a rookie cruiser who will be doing 15 days on the Celebrity Constellation and am interested in the drink package. But do different lines differ in their packages?

Thanks for any information. Dharmagirl

Different cruiselines have differnt things. Princess has a drink card. RCCL you must buy each drink you want (some are free)

On most cruiseships there is some free drinks ie coffee tea, tap water, juices (in morning not fresh squeezed that $) and there is ice tea and some sort of puch type drink more for kids loaded with suger.

Hey MartiniCruiser I think we're cut from the same cloth :D

My question is regarding doubles, whether it be coffee,drinks or alcohol.

My wife and I like Cappuccino and Espressos respectively in the morning. While there is enough in one Cappuccino I like to load up with a double or even double double (just coffee and nothing else). Must I return each time or can I get a double or double double shot in one cup? And, in keeping with that double theme, I also like a double gin or vodka mart. Can one get a double in one glass or must one order a drink and return for another sometime later?

Thanks for the info.

Richard

Thanks for the support you all!

I did order the flights of martini's and they charged me for 1 drink for 2 of the smaller flight sized martini's. Fine with me as the plan covered it that way. I could have ordered full size but not sure I could find my stateroom after that.

I really appreciated that I could order top shelf with the premium package, Chopin, Patron, Grand Mariner, Bacardi Anjeo etc..

At dinner there were always several wine options that suited my entree.

The only negative ( and minor at that) was the port selection was limited because of the price.

And service was so good that Wilfredo at the pool bar went on a hunt and found the last 2 bottles of bitter lemon soda on the ship. Like I said before I had no problem at all with service it was super everywhere I ordered a drink!

Martini Cruiser

One of the advantages with the premium vs classic, is if you wanted that $18 glass of port they would only charge you the $6 above the limit. My sister had the premium pkg on our Millie cruise up the california coast, but I chose not to buy a pkg - wanted to drink at all the wine tastings which cost extra, and by the bottle at dinner. worked out well for both of us.

• 2 weeks later...

Do both the classic and premium packages work like that -- If I buy one or the other package and go over the maximum per drink cost, will I then just pay the difference? Or am I restricted to drinks that don't exceed the maximum?

And one other question -- Is there any limit on the number of drinks? Or places where they are served? Or any other limit that I'm overlooking?

Thanks for any info.

Do both the classic and premium packages work like that -- If I buy one or the other package and go over the maximum per drink cost, will I then just pay the difference? Or am I restricted to drinks that don't exceed the maximum?

And one other question -- Is there any limit on the number of drinks? Or places where they are served? Or any other limit that I'm overlooking?

Thanks for any info.

The classic does not work that way. With the classic, if you buy an $18 glass of wine, you are charged $18.00

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I bought the premimum for 14 days of a 28 day cruise. The 14 day has only 3 ports and the rest all ship time cruising off antarctica. There lots of special coffee and drinks will be a $ advantage. So to me time on the ship is the key. I would get one in a transatlantic, but never a med- or alaska cruise because of the heavy port schedule. and limited ship time

Archived