Early Flight out of Orlando

mnsawyer

I'm sure it's here somewhere on the boards but need to find some transportation to get us from Port Canaveral to MCO for a 11:50 a.m. flight. I know we'll have to carry off our own luggage and hire a private car.

Anyone done this and can you recommend some reliable companies. I see that Art's is mentioned often but thought that I read they only have busses on debarking day so we would have to wait for it to fill up? What time can you self-disembark? I'm thinking around 8:00 or so?

If we don't go with the 11:50 flight, it's 6:00 p.m.

We just got off the Glory last Saturday. A couple of people from our group had a noon flight. They had plenty of time to get off the ship and make to to Orlando from Cape Canaveral for their noon flight. We used Travel Lynx. They were waiting for us when we got off the ship. There were LOTS of busses waiting to take people to the airport. I seen Mears, Art's and a couple of other ones I cant remember. Have a wonderful trip!

Getting off the ship depends on your cabin deck. Self-assist gets called to disembark starting with the lowest deck about 7:30 and working up over time. It was after 9am before self-assist was called for the highest decks. Checked luggage gets called by tag color starting with the highest deck at about 8am, working down. I was on Glory deck 8 so 3 decks above me had to be called first, and we were called about 9:30 (much slower progress than self-assist.)

If the line moves quickly, plan on 15 minutes, or maybe as much as 1/2 hour to actually get off and get your luggage. Then locate your bus/limo, and 45 minutes to the airport. So if you get called by 9am it's tight but you will be at the airport in time but move quickly!

Thanks everyone for the information. I contacted Art's Shuttle yesterday and mentioned that they were very highly recommended on cruisecritic.com - they didn't know that and the woman said she would pass it along to her boss. She says that ARt's is there at 8:00 a.m. but need to be sure to get off the ship as early as possible and it still is $55 for up to 3 people plus tip. As it turns out, flight prices change every day! The cheaper flight is now only available for a 4:00 p.m. return which is fine. Less stress! Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived