Great Stirrup Cay

sanders

We saw a couple of those motorized "beach" wheelchairs on GSC. I think you have to arrange with the ship to use one.

Here's a link to the NCL information on accessibility. Give them a call or email and they should be able to answer more specifically.

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=AccessibleCruising

I am very new to cruising and have recently gotten off my first cruise ship; the Norwegian Jewel.

In my real life (not my vacation life!) I am an occupational therapist and constantly surveying my environment for accessibility (its just what I do even though I myself am not handicapped).

The ship is very large, but you can rent a motorized scooter which will not be restricted to go anywhere. The hallways are wide enough, there is plenty of room in the elevators, the dining rooms are accessible and the Stardust Theatre also has an area allotted.

While at Great Stirrup Cay, I noticed people who had a difficult time getting around were able to rent beach wheelchairs. They have extremely oversized wheels to make light travel on the sand possible. I am not sure if they are motorized or not...they didn't appear to be.

I also spoke with several people while running into them in various places. One woman I spoke to was on the motorized scooter in an elevator with me. She said that she was finding the ship extremely accessible and wasn't having any difficulty getting around or into places while on her scooter.

I also spoke with a woman on the beach at GSC in the beach wheelchair. She also stated that she was finding everything extremely accessible.

Hope this helps!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived