1t RCI Cruise on Navigator. A few questions....

Hi everyone i have just book on my first Royal Caribbean cruise on the navigator of the seas round the med on 25th july (i normally cruise with princess), Iv got a few questions i would be greatful if anyone would be kind enough to answer them...

I have booked a z grade inside guarantee cabin as this was a last minute decision to go on a cruise this summer and we really are not bothered what type of cabin we are in. Does anyone know how far in advance they will allocate my cabin and Could anyone tell me about their experiences they have had with the inside guarantee cabins?

Would you be able to tell me roughly what drinks prices are like a glass of wine or a cocktail or a baileys and are there any soda packages available and are they worth it?

What is your experience of getting a sun bed especially on sea days, are there many who reserve loungers?

Also I have booked my time dining. What is your experience of this? If i just turn up without reserving a table what are the wait times (not that this is really a big deal but just curious)?

I know this is a lot of questions so ill stop here but ill probs think of more later. lol. Thanks in advance,

Lynsey :D

Your room can be assigned at any time....some don't get their cabin # until boarding, but that's unusual...

Wine is overpriced...cocktails rin in the $6-7 range. Soda packages are avail, but unless you drink the equivelent of 3 cans of soda per person, per day, it's not worth the cost. Cans are $2.24 each, if you only drink soda once in a while.

You can show up for MTD anytime you want, or, you can make reservations....your choice. Most likely, you will be dining alone...most MTD'ers don't like company! You shouldn't have long (if any) waits. Just bring your cocktail with you, so if there is a short wait, you'll have your drink!

Hi everyone i have just book on my first Royal Caribbean cruise on the navigator of the seas round the med on 25th july (i normally cruise with princess), Iv got a few questions i would be greatful if anyone would be kind enough to answer them...

I have booked a z grade inside guarantee cabin as this was a last minute decision to go on a cruise this summer and we really are not bothered what type of cabin we are in. Does anyone know how far in advance they will allocate my cabin and Could anyone tell me about their experiences they have had with the inside guarantee cabins? They can assign your cabin at any time. Keep checking on line to see if it has been assigned. Once it has, look it up and see where it is (I don't like all the way up front). If you don't like it, call RCL. You CAN move your cabin within your assigned category.

Would you be able to tell me roughly what drinks prices are like a glass of wine or a cocktail or a baileys and are there any soda packages available and are they worth it? We are Diamond members so we don't pay for wine, but the occasional girly drink is around $6-8. We also bring on board our own soda and water. We like having it handy in our cabin frig.

What is your experience of getting a sun bed especially on sea days, are there many who reserve loungers? You cannot RESERVE loungers. They were inforcing the rule and bagging people's things if they were absent more than an hour. Yes the pool is busy on at sea days.

Also I have booked my time dining. What is your experience of this? If i just turn up without reserving a table what are the wait times (not that this is really a big deal but just curious)? Love my time! We always let them know as we were leaving the dining room each night when we would be back the next day. We usually came in about 6:45-7pm. People who didn't let them know and/or came about 7:30pm waited about 10min.

I know this is a lot of questions so ill stop here but ill probs think of more later. lol. Thanks in advance,

Lynsey :D

We are leaving on the Navigator June 20 and will have MUCH more to share when I get back. Above comments is what I have experienced on this ship when I sailed her in Jan.

Thanks for the replys. This has all been very helpful. Im really glad that they are enforcing the no loung reservation rule as this is 1 of my pet hates. Everything sounds great :)

Archived