Problem with C&A Credits (after turning 18)

Hello! I just got off the phone with a Crown and Anchor rep, and I'm not entirely satisfied with her response, so I'm hoping you all have some good advice.

A bit of background. My parents have been sailing on RCCL since the mid 80's and are Diamond level. I am 22, and I have been on six RCCL sailings myself, making me a Platinum member in my own right. I vividly remember, however, sitting with my mom and the Loyalty Ambassador onboard the Monarch of the Seas when I was about 15, and she told us that when I turned 18, I would be automatically eligible for my parent's loyalty level. Thus, I assumed that when I turned 18, I would become a Diamond member.

So flash forward to today. After a five year cruising hiatus, I found an itinerary I want to book, and I called RCCL to get my C&A number. When I inquired about my status, I got a very perplexing answer. The rep said that I could have only gotten my parent's status if I was enrolled in C&A before I was 18, but the rep also said that when I was cruising, RCCL did not enroll kids (which makes me wonder how I was supposed to enroll if they admittedly would not have accepted my application). Thus, my enrollment on record is in 2008, which was when I was either 19 or 20, making me too old, in the rep's opinion, for me to get my parent's status. However, I distinctly remember my mom calling me when she enrolled me and told me that the RCCL rep granted me Diamond status. But, according to the rep today, there is no way for me to get Diamond status (unless, of course, I just take four more cruises).

Has anyone had any trouble with this before? Any possible solutions? Thanks!

It's my understanding that when you are under 18 and living at home you are the same level as your parents. When you turn 18 you will be whatever you have earned thru cruising. If you had 6 cruises you would have 6 credits unless one or more was 12 days or longer or you were in a JS or higher and be platunum. Hope you get it worked out. We started ours young at age 3 as a Diamond. Hopefully she will have enough cruises by the time she turns 18 to be Diamond on her own.

P.S. If you weren't registered as a C & A member they should still have a record of your cruises or you may have to document your cruises. Good luck.

We enrolled our son when he was 10 or so and he has our status of Diamond or did when he got married at age 26. We gave him a cruise for his honeymoon. We used our address (which he was enrolled under) for his documents because he was in the process of moving plus we were paying the freight. I didn't know it because I would have gone after the diamond balcony discount if I had (lol). They were pleasantly surprised when they got on the ship to find out and use the Diamond perks.

I don't think it is right but they make the rules, I play the game. I have pointed this out numerous times on surveys that it is not right kids maintain parent's level as long as they use their address as a mail drop. They could offload a bunch of Diamonds if they reviewed their records and eliminated adult children, spouses, ex-spouses, ex-spouses new spouses, step children of ex-spouses, etc.

Tucker in Texas

Archived