Water Island

2xprincess

I am considering taking the ferry to Water Island and hanging out at Honeymoon beach for a few hours while docked at St. Thomas. I haven't been able to find much info regarding this. Has anyone tried this? Are there chair rentals available at the beach? Would this be a fun place for kids? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

There aren't any chair rentals. How old are the kids?

--Islander

islander.....I was hoping you would be around to answer that for me. They are 12 & 8.....do you think they would be bored? It looks like a really beautiful beach, but it might be too quiet for the kids!

Thank you.....

If the kids will be satisfied running around on the beach, playing in the water, building stuff in the sand then they will have a good time at Honeymoon. If they want kayaks, paddle boats and those types of things, then perhaps its not the right choice. You can check out a video of the walk to Honeymoon and of the beach itself at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCDVMWuFWJw. That might give you a better idea of what its all about so you can make the decision.

--Islander

My husband and I did this 2 years ago. I agree with the previous poster...what do your kids like? We love the place, but brought along our own snorkle equipment, food and water. (There was one vendor grilling stuff on the beach, but she was committed to preparing for a big shore excursion that showed up around noon). There are bathrooms, picnic tables and shaded areas and the whole cove is beautiful with a nice sandy bottom and float for swimmers to rest. When the shore excursion folks appeared, we hike up the road another few blocks and went to Limestone Beach. Great shelling, but too much coral to swim. The website http://www.**********/waterisland had lots of good info.

Limestone is more of a beachcombing beach than swimming like Lynncarol mentioned. If you decide you want to check it out its just a short walk from Honeymoon Bay along the road and then a short trail. Between Honeymoon and Limestone you'd get two different beach environments. Here is a video for Limestone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBkIW82YW88.

--Islander

Archived