Oasis reviews and comments

It seems to me that the Oasis continues to get very favorable reviews on Cruise Critic and other cruise boards. Most seem to love this ship. We are trying the Oasis later this year.

I have read reviews of the Carnival Dream and most of the reviews tend to be negative. Crowds, lines and a sewer smell. Next will be the new Norwegian Epic. Will read the reviews to see how people like this ship. She looks interesting to say the least we may have to check that one out too.

It seems to me that the Oasis continues to get very favorable reviews on Cruise Critic and other cruise boards. Most seem to love this ship. We are trying the Oasis later this year.

I have read reviews of the Carnival Dream and most of the reviews tend to be negative. Crowds, lines and a sewer smell. Next will be the new Norwegian Epic. Will read the reviews to see how people like this ship. She looks interesting to say the least we may have to check that one out too.

I concur with your findings. I was surpised at all the negitive reviews the Carnival Dream has gotten. I have never sailed Carnival, I've always been happy w/ Royal Caribbean. I thought at first Oasis would get some nasty reviews because it is so large, almost 100,000 tons larger than Carnival Dream.

I've looked at Carnival Dream, and it seems that most of the things onboard have been copied from the design of Royal Caribbean ships. Except for design and function, obviously Royal Caribbean takes the cake on that.

• 2 weeks later...

Very late with these, but here are photos from the Oasis Pre Inaugural.

http://s897.photobucket.com/albums/ac179/stazerd/Oasis%20Pre%20Inaugural/

I will be sailing the Oasis in October and have sailed the Dream twice. I can see where some of the reviews are negative...we had some issues but we have had issues on any ship...no sailing is ever perfect.

The smell on the Dream turned out to be some sort of odor from some filtering system and it has not always been there, just on certain sailings...it is either fixed now or in the process.

I think the biggest complaint on the Dream is not enough space for everyone for everything. I never found it crowded except when everyone was waiting to get into the dining room at dinner or in the windjammer at prime meal times, but that is any ship...I hear the buffets and theatres on the Oasis are the same way...Dream does not do reservations for their shows so you had to get there early to see it or you couldn't get in or got a bad seat...

I personally enjoyed the Dream...can't wait to see the Oasis and try her out next!

Archived