Ecstacy PT Cabin Info, Please!

layditx1

My daughter wants a cruise for her birthday!! Just her and I-Momma/daughter time! Her birthday is in February. After thinking about it(for about 2 seconds:D) and talking to DH, I have decided what a GREAT idea! We will probably do the Ecstacy since we can drive and she doesn't want to leave her kids for TOO long!

My questions are:

1. We are thinking PT for cost reasons-the time we want to go, both of us would only be a little over $700. Now, the last cruise I went on, we had a balcony...will I be able to stand being without one this time??? I really enjoyed being out on it! Plus, I am a smoker, and I really liked not having the cabin stinking of smoke.

2. If we do the PT, I know they are at the front of the ship....are there doors that go out to any areas up there?

3. What is the best deck for a PT?

DD wants a room with a window at least, the last cruise she was with us on, we had an inside(with 4 people:eek:-we managed just fine, though), but she did NOT like not knowing if it was day or night...maybe a little claustrophobic?

I am just so excited that she wants to spend time with her momma...we are pretty much best friends, but I never thought she would want to leave her DH and kiddos for nearly a week to spend time with me! So cool!

Thanks for any and all advice!

I booked a PT on the Ecstasy for December. I am excited about it as my last cruises have been and int room. I am booked on the Empress deck and for 2 of us it was $662 total. To me, its better to get the PT over int as they are the same price.

Wife and I just sailed the Esctasy and this time we chose a outside stateroom on the Riveria deck, ...

Honestly say we LOVED the window... at night the stars were awesome and in the morning just enough day light to wake you...

We were in R169, sailing in Feb you should get a really good rate..

I have pictures at home I will post later if I remember.

John

I had E9 PT on Ecstasy, which is Empress deck, which is convenient to run up one set of stairs to the theater and the pursers desk, piano etc are in the atrium just a walk down the hall.

I would pick Empress again ..wait I HAVE picked Empress again.

My first choice is always a 1A w/porthole or a PT cabin if available (5 out of 8 cruises on Carnival). I would suggest that you try to get one as far back as possible. The first ones are very close to the anchor chain gear and bow thrusters. This does seem to bother some passengers that stay in them. The noise does not bother me, it just means it is time to get up and start the day

• 1 month later...

Archived