Sing-Along Piano Bar?

I have read several places that there is a "sing along" piano bar on the Oasis of the Seas, however I'm unclear as to what the venue is called and where it is located on the ship.

Also, has anyone been there? During what hours are there musicians at the pianos? Is it anything like a dueling piano bar? We LOVE dueling pianos.

And since "where did you hear that???" seems to be a common response to my questions so far, please find a couple references below where people have mentioned there is a piano bar.

Thanks!

Oasis will feature a wide variety of entertainment venues from Boleros - a Latin dance club, Blaze nightclub, Jazz on 4, Comedy Live featuring family friendly shows during the day and lake-night adult comedy in the evenings, the sing-along piano bar, Schooner Bar, and even the On Air Club featuring karaoke and "interactive music gaming".

http://www.mantripping.com/cruise-ships/oasis-of-the-seas-ultimate-floating-mancation.html

The balance of entertainment was described in the public rooms - Comedy Live has comedians lightly, Jazz on 4 has live jazz music nightly. Boleros has live Salsa music nightly, Dazzles has a live big band for dancing, there is a piano bar and the English Globe and Atlas pub features a guitarist/singer doing requests. Various surprise events happen throughout the day and night - don't miss the parades in the Royal Promenade.

Yes it's the Schooner Bar on deck six ovelooking the Promenade. Paul O'Shea has a list of songs that you can pick from that he'll play.

Sit close so he can hear you. It was one of our favorite places at night.

Just our opinion but the Schooner Bar was empty the entire week. We hung out next door at the Globe and Atlas Pub. We had Jimmy Blakemore.

We sailed right after you did and if you didn't get there early you didn't get a seat. Funny how things work out.

• 1 month later...

A bit of a bump, and just looking to see if anyone who has sailed fairly recently can confirm that Paul O'Shea plays from about 9-1am?

I'm just trying to think through what our show schedule may be like (based on current show schedules) and I want to make sure we have the opportunity to catch the piano act a few nights.

A bit of a bump, and just looking to see if anyone who has sailed fairly recently can confirm that Paul O'Shea plays from about 9-1am?

I'm just trying to think through what our show schedule may be like (based on current show schedules) and I want to make sure we have the opportunity to catch the piano act a few nights.

The hours will not be identical every day. Just check your Cruise Compass. Your cruise is seven nights long - the piano player, whoever he is, will be "on" for several hours most evenings, so you'll have plenty of opportunities to be part of the Schooner Bar scene. (deck 6 midship)

shp_oa_deck06_rc1_dpl.gif

Archived