Disney Dream Maiden Voyage, January 26, 2010

PegIra

Hi,

We will be on the Maiden Voyage of the Disney Dream and are so excited. I was hoping to hear from others who are cruising with us.

We have been on 4 cruises on the Magic and 1 on the Wonder. We recently took a Panama Canal cruise on Holland America and even though the cruise was great, it wasn't Disney and something was really missing. Can't wait to get back to Disney.

Peg

I wish I were. I would love to be on a Maiden voyage.

On a maiden voyage, your enjoyment level will be based a lot on your fault-tolerance. While the maiden voyages are exceptionally cool for braging rights and the swag that they give out, they are usually very problematic. There was a travel agent member here once that went on the pre-maiden voyage PR voyage of the Disney Magic. She came back and just complained and complained about everything that wasn't to her liking. She was apparently forgetful that the Magic was months late and she was rushed over here from her shakedown in Italy and started cruising right away with a brand-new company, a brand-new ship and a brand-new crew. Lots went wrong but you've got to expect that. Disney also recognized it as they brought aboard a bunch more crew and filled deck one with them.

Archived