LIVE from Explorer 6/19-24

I got a Nikon D-5000 also for Christmas but my pictures don't look as good as yours! Can you please tell me what setting you use on your camera? Are you using manual or automatic? Thanks!!

I would also be curious as to what setting you used. I bought the D5000 around Easter and am taking this cruise at the end of July. Hoping our weather was as good as yours! Thanks very much.

I got a Nikon D-5000 also for Christmas but my pictures don't look as good as yours! Can you please tell me what setting you use on your camera? Are you using manual or automatic? Thanks!!

I would also be curious as to what setting you used. I bought the D5000 around Easter and am taking this cruise at the end of July. Hoping our weather was as good as yours! Thanks very much.

thanks - as I said, I am just figuring it out myself! I try hard not to rely too heavily on the automatic setting. To me, that just turns it into a very expensive point and shoot!

I used the Landscape setting in Bermuda quite a bit. That expands the depth of field and really picks up vibrant colors. For night time shots, I try a lot of different settings, sometimes just turning off the flash, sometimes using night landscape, etc.

Play around with it and find a good instruction book. I still feel as if I have just started to scratch the surface of its capabilities!

Sue

thanks - as I said, I am just figuring it out myself! I try hard not to rely too heavily on the automatic setting. To me, that just turns it into a very expensive point and shoot!

I used the Landscape setting in Bermuda quite a bit. That expands the depth of field and really picks up vibrant colors. For night time shots, I try a lot of different settings, sometimes just turning off the flash, sometimes using night landscape, etc.

Play around with it and find a good instruction book. I still feel as if I have just started to scratch the surface of its capabilities!

Sue

Hmmm, looks like I have quite a bit of homework to do in the next month! Thanks for the tips.

Sue

Well I must be doing something wrong because my pictures dont look nothing like yours! I have not been setting it on automatic either, I have been putting it in manual but I have changed all the settings a lot( like the shutter speed and focus,etc) and I guess that was bad to do. I have never tried landscape , I will have to try that. I don't have long to figure it out before we leave for the Explorer of the Seas!!

Again your pictures were great and if you think of anything that I should try with my D-5000 let me know! Thanks!!

Archived