Teenagers the week after New Years?

So, my brother's Holiday Break starts really late, so we cannot go on our customary Christmas Week cruise this year. A lot of the New Year's cruises are already sold out, or are extremely expensive. However, because his break goes late - we actually could go on a cruise that left on January 2nd.

Looking into it briefly, it is much cheaper than the Christmas week cruise we traditionally take - and could even get a Junior Suite for the cost of a regular balcony cabin.

So - we are considering the Adventure of the Seas cruise that leaves from San Juan on the 2nd. In your experience, will there be many children on this cruise? I know that there won't be as many as there would be during Christmas or New Year's week, but would there be a good group of teenagers for my brother and I to hang out with? Or would it be an older crowd?

Are other school breaks late this year like ours? I can't totally understand why my old high school's break is so late this year!

If we go that week, will my brother and I be one of a few kids, or part of a larger crowd?

We usally go on this week have 2 teens and they never had a problem finding others.
We are going the 16th instead this year wish we were going the 2nd instead!!
Weather has Always been preety good past the Bahamas

Loomis Gang
Trumph 12/2001-1/2002
New Years Cruise
Golden Princess 10/2003
Navigator of the Seas 1/04
Waiting for fun on the:
Explorer of the Seas
Check out our river cottage:
[url="http://www.choice1.com/nanasriverfront.htm"]www.choice1.com/nanasriverfront.htm[/url]

Benjamin:

My understanding is that the vast majority of high schools are back in session the week after New Year's, but the vast majority of colleges are still on break. You're likely to find more college-age, rather than high school-age, cruisers that week.

Carol

We have cruised three times during that time period. Definitely less kids, and my teen found no one to run with. There were a handful of teens, but they were very into the internet cafe. Son hung around with me and still had a wonderful time.

Archived