Soda package question

Honestly, I have not, nor would never recommend, buying a beverage package or paying for a soft drink on a cruise. I drink whatever is free...mostly as a "mini boycott" against charges for soda.

Now, I understand that might be easy for me...my kids are grown...but I never gave them soda when they were younger anyway.

On our last cruise (May 2010 Serenade), they served a sugar free mango-water beverage at meal times in Windjammer that was simply wonderful.

I think a can of soda is $2.25 with gratuity added. With the soda card you just get fountain soda in a glass with ice, which is equal to about 1/2 of a can of soda. When we both want a soda, I buy a can of soda and ask for two glasses of ice. The can of soda will just about fill up both glasses.

Not sure how old your kids are but one of the reasons I get the soda card for my kids is that they are older and don't always keep track of their soda. One of our rules with my teens is if your drink is out of your sight at all, toss it and get another. If they had to buy soda each time this happened it would probably cost me more than the soda card. For the peace of mind I get out of it, the card is worth every penny! Besides, they usually don't drink a cans worth each time, the glass suffices very nicely.

We were on the FoS last week and didn't get the card. Instead, we bought canned soda every time we wanted one...unless you're drinking at least 3 cans per day, it's cheaper to purchase the sodas individually than to have the card. :)

(I think we had one soda per day between the two of us, for a total of around $15.)

Archived