Will be sailing 6/27 on the Veendam to Bermuda...need info and reviews.Thnx

sculptress

Hi past cruisers on the Veendam cruise ship to Bermuda,

This is my first time on HCL ms Veendam ship to Bermuda. Would love to hear from all of you who have just cruised on the Veendam to Bermuda. I will be on the 6/27th sailing and would love to hear from experiences, helpful advice, etc.

Thanks a bunch.

Janet;)

Hope you had a great trip on HCL Veendam! C

Hi past cruisers on the Veendam cruise ship to Bermuda,

This is my first time on HCL ms Veendam ship to Bermuda. Would love to hear from all of you who have just cruised on the Veendam to Bermuda. I will be on the 6/27th sailing and would love to hear from experiences, helpful advice, etc.

Thanks a bunch.

Janet;)

Hope you had a great trip on HCL Veendam! C

Several people have written reviews of Veendam sailings. If you do a search (maybe for Veendam Bermuda), you should find them.

We enjoyed our cruise very much. The food was delicious and the service at fixed dining was excellent. It takes a while to figure out which stations at the Lido you want, but the food there was good. (Except for the crepes they make at one of the toast stations. That was rubbery)

The ship is in good shape. Beds were comfy. AC is variable. Our cabin was always a bit stuffy. Our friend's cabin was always cold, no matter what they did with the thermostat.

We had an outside cabin, so we sat on deck chairs on Promenade. It was quiet and we had the view and sounds of the sea to enchant us. You do have to make sure you sit in "available" chairs on Promenade, as some are reserved for Lanai cabins. If you see the sliding doors, that's a lanai cabin and the chairs in front of it belong to that cabin.

Everyone worries about the tendering in St Georges. It hasn't happened many times, but don't dread it if you tender. Ours was only the second cruise that tendered, and they sent the AM tours (about 250 pax) on one tender and then had a 750-pax tender for general tendering. We had no problem getting on the first tender. It would have been nice to dock in St Georges, but the ship just doesn't make it through the Cut.

Without knowing your interests or concerns, it's hard to give information that will help you. If you have specific questions, post them in this thread, and someone will likely have the info you need.

Enjoy your cruse!

Archived