Airport ground transfers Anchorage & Vancouver

vhord

We are departing Seward June 17 on the RCI “Vision of the Seas” and arriving in Vancouver at 8 a.m. Friday June 24. Presently we our airfares and airport transfers are included in our cruise ($719/person from Houston). We have not been able to determine if these flights will be non-stops or not. We are considering canceling these and booking them direct. Can anyone give me any idea of ground transportation costs from Anchorage/Seward and from the Vancouver port to the airport? We have eight in our party.

We would also appreciate any suggestions.

From Vancouver add $28++ ca for a cab. And my opinion only- I strongly encourage you to consider adding several days for interior Alaska travel, you are missing an excellent opportunity if you don't. :) I would recommend the regular run of the Alaska RR from Seward $59pp (verify current pricing) wonderful scenery and the ability to take a 11:30pm Kenai fjords boat trip, being back by 6pm for the train. Overnight in Anchorage- consider Days Inn/ Ramada's for a budget and free rail depot and airport transfers. Your other option for transfer is Hertz rental car- expect $200/day. There is also Magic bus http://www.anchorage.net in transportation listings. AND cruiseline contracted booked transfers, bus or rail.

Thanks for the information BQ. As for the trip extension, I seem to be the only one of the group wanting to :mad: - but then I have been reading this board more often. However it is still not out of the question. I'm working on it!;)

Archived