Port Canaveral Hotel..Radisson at the Port

glenda55

we love the radisson,,,,,,,having stayed there at least 10 times all for cruises. joe is a grreat g.m. and the restaurant staff(susie) are all great. the $ for breakfast is around$10.00 a head, let me know if you find a cheaper one anywhere. the rooms go from new to old. we have NEVER had a bad room. NEVER had a bad breakfast, NEVER had any trouble with our car in the lot. the guys that run the bus( alex and bong) are terrific. the staff hasn't changed in the last 5 years . should tell you something about the management. listen go where you want ,we are not too pickey, a clean sheet, clean room good food, free parking what more would you look for in a room for a night

how bout something beach front (nice beach) with a bar and perhaps breakfast. Any suggestions? We'll likely park at the pier so that's not really a concern. How's the Ron Jon Resort?

How nice do you want your room? 500 room resort,3 or 4 bars 2 restaurants,nice pool,hot tub,beach front and under $50.:D

Look at the International palms resort on Cocoa beach. I can give you a link for under $50 including taxes.

Steve

How nice do you want your room? 500 room resort,3 or 4 bars 2 restaurants,nice pool,hot tub,beach front and under $50.:D

Look at the International palms resort on Cocoa beach. I can give you a link for under $50 including taxes.

Steve

Hi Steve, thought you might pop in. I saw this in an earlier post. Sure, would like the link. PM or email?

Hi Steve, thought you might pop in. I saw this in an earlier post. Sure, would like the link. PM or email?

I am not Steve, but thought I would help and give you an information link that could help especially with the hotels - go to post #295

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1119114&page=15

email would be easiest.

I will post it in the next post and see if it gets deleted.

Steve

easyclicktravel.com cocoa beach,cocoa beach, Florida

(yes you must have cocoa beach twice in the destination box)

International Palms Resort and Conference Center spacer.gifphoto-not-available-small.gif Cocoa Beach,Cocoa Beach,FL,US

A great place to launch your fabulous vacation, the International Palms Resort and Conference Center provides guests with the ultimate experience

more info

Check Rates and Availability

$43

lowest avg nightly rate

You gain 47

TripleDip points

Regular Price:$43 Member Savings$ TripleDip gaining:47Members Pay:$43

bestValue_image_small.gif Room TypeStatusAvg Nightly Rate Standard Available $42.48 show detailsBook It

Shirley and Steve:). Got the info. Yep, I have been following both threads leading up to our September departure. Going down couple days early just to relax, enjoy the beach and good food. My concern with International are the mixed reviews which I know can be subjective. We are not too particular just want a place clean and with the amenities also described above. Guess we have some decisions to make. Thank again.

Shirley and Steve:). Got the info. Yep, I have been following both threads leading up to our September departure. Going down couple days early just to relax, enjoy the beach and good food. My concern with International are the mixed reviews which I know can be subjective. We are not too particular just want a place clean and with the amenities also described above. Guess we have some decisions to make. Thank again.

Glad you got it before it goes away.:)

This is the Former Holiday inn, and the rooms are just OK but at the price its hard to beat and the grounds and amenities are fantastic. I live not to far away and I stay there when I go to the comedy club (Yes they have a comedy club called Groucho's) so I don't have to get a DUI.:eek:

If you use that site for that hotel, they are 2 rate types. Available which means you click,info,and pay and you are all set or "request" which means you put all your info in and with in 48 hours they let you know if your reservations are confirmed or not. I have stayed 3 times this year and got "request" and all 3 times it was confirmed in 48 hours.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed there last summer post-cruise, got a can't miss deal on the room. Beach access was great, pool was exceptional but the rooms were horrid. Thank goodness it was only a 1 night stay. 2 rooms later the mold/mildew smell was nauseating. The walls in the kids suite were pretty beat up, mattresses were stained. We kept our shoes on walking in the room it was so NOT clean. The bath tub and bathroom were beat up like it had been subjected to a frat party for way too many years. The rooms and parking lot were more reminiscent of a motel than a hotel. That's not to say they don't have any/some nice rooms, but....you have to be very wary. If price is your strongest motivator if you go right to their website they have a great 2night deal- like sixty per night for 2 nights plus a food credit. BUT, you gotta wonder why they offer such a great deal. Try searching on reviews for holiday inn cocoa beach (the original hotel) and you'll see the older reviews. I called the hotel recently (we're cruising again in August) to see if they'd done any renovations and the gal said they were starting to but none of the rooms had been updated. Sad, because the amenities outside of the pool were so great. To be clear I am NOT a super picky person when it comes to accomodations, but buyer beware on this purchase!! Maybe you'll get lucky and be one of the random folks who end up having a good stay (if they are indeed legit customers and not just employees posing as customers to post good reviews....). I have high hopes for this place SHOULD they decide to gut their rooms and start from scratch.

Archived