Port Canaveral Hotel..Radisson at the Port

glenda55

We staed there in Feb with a group from our Dream. We asked for the newer building. Had no problems at all. The pool is very nice. We walked up to the front to Zacchary's for breakfast. Great. They also served lunch. WE always got there by 7:00-7:30. When we came out, it was crowded. Feta Omelette was really good. We took the shuttle in and rented a car for 2 days at Avis. they were great. Then they took us to cruise.

we are staying there in December not using the hotel shuttle to the port....what should the taxi cost be to the port?

Depends on the service.Some will charge you around $15-$20 others around $8. You can see the ships from the hotel.

Steve

We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites 2 weeks ago...It was GREAT!!!It had parking and free breakfast!!!We didn't like our shuttle time so the hotel arranged a taxi/van for us to go over to the port in...I don't know about the shuttle going back over because DH had the number to the taxi and called them before I had a chance to call the shuttle...It was around $4.00 per person for taxi service...I would definitely recommend them!!!:):)

We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites 2 weeks ago...It was GREAT!!!It had parking and free breakfast!!!We didn't like our shuttle time so the hotel arranged a taxi/van for us to go over to the port in...I don't know about the shuttle going back over because DH had the number to the taxi and called them before I had a chance to call the shuttle...It was around $4.00 per person for taxi service...I would definitely recommend them!!!:):)

It so happens that I emailed this hotel today to get a quote for my wedding group. They came in higher than most per night although the manager boosted in the email they are the best rate in town. I haven't crossed them off my list because the reviews I have read are all good.

I am a bit concerned about the shuttle service there because we need to arrive at the terminal no later than 10:30. Did you happen to notice how early their shuttles start running? Can you please tell me which taxi service you used? Thanks!

It so happens that I emailed this hotel today to get a quote for my wedding group. They came in higher than most per night although the manager boosted in the email they are the best rate in town. I haven't crossed them off my list because the reviews I have read are all good.

I am a bit concerned about the shuttle service there because we need to arrive at the terminal no later than 10:30. Did you happen to notice how early their shuttles start running? Can you please tell me which taxi service you used? Thanks!

I am a local and the shuttle service will not work for you.People are up at the crack of dawn to reserve the shuttle and if you think you are going down and stating you want 12 seats for your party,it won't happen.Each room will need to go down and reserve a seat.How many are in your party?

The best rate in town is sort of true as there are so few hotels but if you want a great deal on just an OK room with great pools,bars, and is ocean front I can tell you how to get it for under $50 a night including taxes and its only 3 miles south or less of the comfort suites.I stayed there last weekend and will be there again in less than a month even though I live a few miles away.:)

Steve

I am a local and the shuttle service will not work for you.People are up at the crack of dawn to reserve the shuttle and if you think you are going down and stating you want 12 seats for your party,it won't happen.Each room will need to go down and reserve a seat.How many are in your party?

The best rate in town is sort of true as there are so few hotels but if you want a great deal on just an OK room with great pools,bars, and is ocean front I can tell you how to get it for under $50 a night including taxes and its only 3 miles south or less of the comfort suites.I stayed there last weekend and will be there again in less than a month even though I live a few miles away.:)

Steve

Thanks for your input, Steve. I have been thinking about just arranging taxi's (vans) for my guests. I have about 14 at the moment. I am not sure about a cheap hotel. Usually you get what you pay for with those. I have many picky older family members coming so it has to be a very decent and clean hotel. What is the name of the hotel your talking about?

Thanks for your input, Steve. I have been thinking about just arranging taxi's (vans) for my guests. I have about 14 at the moment. I am not sure about a cheap hotel. Usually you get what you pay for with those. I have many picky older family members coming so it has to be a very decent and clean hotel. What is the name of the hotel your talking about?

International Palms resort on Cocoa beach. Formerly a Holiday inn.

It is nothing extrordinary but for under $50 its decent.I have a website where you have to go to get it for under $50 including taxes.

Steve

Steve I am interested in the website for International Palms.

please share.

I can't post it here as CC guidelines don't allow it but if you have an email I can email it to you.

You can also use that search engine that searches every travel site at the same time. Its the easy one.;)

Steve

If you will go to this thread, it will give you the information you are requesting - also I am working on an update for the post #5 and should be ready by this weekend - I have to change the Holiday Inn to its new name and it has been going under some renovations.

good luck

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1119114

If you will go to this thread, it will give you the information you are requesting - also I am working on an update for the post #5 and should be ready by this weekend - I have to change the Holiday Inn to its new name and it has been going under some renovations.

good luck

Thanks Shirley! I did check it out. Lots of very helpful info!

I have emailed several hotels and have narrowed it down to two. Love the reviews of the Country Inn and Suites but they have given me a high quote. The Best Western Ocean front gave me a really good group rate which includes transportation, leaving our cars and breakfast. The other is The Radission who came in only $10 higher. This may seem like a silly question but...Do you know if the manager at the Country Inn and Suites is likely to bargain and lower his quote based on the rates from the others?

Thanks Shirley! I did check it out. Lots of very helpful info!

I have emailed several hotels and have narrowed it down to two. Love the reviews of the Country Inn and Suites but they have given me a high quote. The Best Western Ocean front gave me a really good group rate which includes transportation, leaving our cars and breakfast. The other is The Radission who came in only $10 higher. This may seem like a silly question but...Do you know if the manager at the Country Inn and Suites is likely to bargain and lower his quote based on the rates from the others?

How many rooms do you need?How much more are you looking to get off the rate? I know the manager.:)

Steve

I am looking at the Courtyard Marriott in Cocoa Beach. The reviews are good. I pretty much dumped the Radisson. The reviews just keep getting worst..Any insight into the Courtyard in Cocoa Beach?

I am looking at the Courtyard Marriott in Cocoa Beach. The reviews are good. I pretty much dumped the Radisson. The reviews just keep getting worst..Any insight into the Courtyard in Cocoa Beach?

What do you want to know?

Its not ocean front, its actualy across a very busy 4 lane road.The place itself is very nice,they have a certian fung shui look to it.Pool and hot tub as well as tropical look to it.

What are you looking for or trying to find? The Raddison is very nice and is a fantastic looking resort.Is money no object here? How far do you want to travel from the port? If you will travel 13 miles you can stay at some brand new hotels (completely redone after being destroyed by 2004 storms),ocean front right on Melbourne beach. The Hilton is great.

Steve

What do you want to know?

Its not ocean front, its actualy across a very busy 4 lane road.The place itself is very nice,they have a certian fung shui look to it.Pool and hot tub as well as tropical look to it.

What are you looking for or trying to find? The Raddison is very nice and is a fantastic looking resort.Is money no object here? How far do you want to travel from the port? If you will travel 13 miles you can stay at some brand new hotels (completely redone after being destroyed by 2004 storms),ocean front right on Melbourne beach. The Hilton is great.

Steve

For what it is worth, we stayed at the Raddison a couple of years ago pre-cruise for several days.

It's definitely an older property. Most rooms are accessed from the outside rather than inside hallways as newer and better properties are designed these days. They have a nice bar and restaurant on premesis and the pool area is very nice. We found the staff to be helpful and the location is very convenient to the port. There is a gas station / convenience store within walking distance as are several decent restaurants.

All that being said, I think some updating to the rooms is probably in order. We would consider staying there again depending on the cost. The Cocoa Beach area probably has nicer properties and seemed to be a much busier and active area. It really comes down to what you are seeking versus price.

How many rooms do you need?How much more are you looking to get off the rate? I know the manager.:)

Steve

I need at least 10 rooms, probably more. I believe I told him this in my email. He would need to come down $35 from the quote he gave me to match what I got from the others.

good luck

Shirley,

It's so nice to see your name on these boards. We used your amazing service when we were frequent Disney Cruisers. We were also a part of the group that you took out to the private memorial at Cape Canaveral about six years ago. We moved away from Florida and back to Colorado a few years ago. We have also been sailing other lines as well.

Anyhow, Shirley is a gem and a true expert in all things Cocoa Beach and Key West.

Much love,

Dawn Hope

I emailed the manager of Country Inn and Suites, Bud Burch, directly. I got his email from this board. The other hotels are The Radisson and Best Western.

You can also email Joe P at the Radisson and Linda from BW - you can go to Post #295 from the "new thread I work in Port Canaveral" by Psbcap - it will give you a number of email addresses and the GM's are great in getting back to you with any answers to your questions.

Good luck and keep us posted

Shirley,

It's so nice to see your name on these boards. We used your amazing service when we were frequent Disney Cruisers. We were also a part of the group that you took out to the private memorial at Cape Canaveral about six years ago. We moved away from Florida and back to Colorado a few years ago. We have also been sailing other lines as well.

Anyhow, Shirley is a gem and a true expert in all things Cocoa Beach and Key West.

Much love,

Dawn Hope

OMG Dawn how are you girlfriend - you are a long way from here now - thanks for stepping in and letting me know how you and yours are - Please keep in touch - you know my email address.

Hugssssssssssssss

You can also email Joe P at the Radisson and Linda from BW - you can go to Post #295 from the "new thread I work in Port Canaveral" by Psbcap - it will give you a number of email addresses and the GM's are great in getting back to you with any answers to your questions.

Good luck and keep us posted

Thanks Shirley, that was the post you answered to me. :)

I emailed the managers from The Radisson and Best Western which both came in under $100 a night w/ breakfast, parking and transportation. This is why I am wondering if the Country Inn and Suites would consider coming down. Otherwise it's the Best Western Ocean Front for us! Have you stayed at either Shirley? Any recommendations as to which rooms at the Best Western are best? We want quiet and clean rooms free of musty moldy smells. Some traveling with my wedding group have allergies and hypersensitive to smells. :rolleyes:

Archived