Norwegian Epic-Transatlantic-23rd October 2011!!!

I can't believe that I have booked this transatlatic crossing so far in advance but NCL have a sale on at present which ends tomorrow at 18hrs BST.

My mate of 30 years and I have booked two studios for this crossing. We would have preferred to have booked a balcony stateroom but having seen the bathrooms on this new ship with the fogged perspex walls we decided that was one view too many. We may be mates but that sort of detail we can do without!:eek:

Already two other friends of mine, a couple, have decided to do this cruise but the more the better. Roll-up! Roll-up! Book your place before the sale ends.:D

Hi

I'm booked on this cruise also. In a Studio cabin.

I'm hoping that this friend of mine will be going also.

I did get a great rate on the cabin though!!!

I'll be sailing on the Epic for Thanksgiving week this November as part of my family cruise with my parents and sister. So I'll get to see the ship before I sail on the TA. I'm hoping I get to see a studio cabin in person.

Brad in Ma.

Hi

I'm booked on this cruise also. In a Studio cabin.

I'm hoping that this friend of mine will be going also.

I did get a great rate on the cabin though!!!

I'll be sailing on the Epic for Thanksgiving week this November as part of my family cruise with my parents and sister. So I'll get to see the ship before I sail on the TA. I'm hoping I get to see a studio cabin in person.

Brad in Ma.

Hi Brad!

Thanks for posting. It is good news that you are also booked on this transatlantic, and a studio too!:) To date there are four friends of mine doing this cruise also, two with studios and a couple with a larger balcony stateroom.

I hope I have not made a mistake booking a cruise on the Epic with all the negative feedback on Cruisecritic etc.:( Although the comments about the studios have been positive in general. I look forward to your opinions after you have done your November trip

Kev

My Friend John is booked also in a studio cabin.

My thought is, if the ship or cabins aren't so good, then we will cancel the Epic and book a different transatlantic cruise.

I'll certainly let you know how good the ship is (or isn't)

Brad

Hi Brad!

Thanks for posting. It is good news that you are also booked on this transatlantic' date=' and a studio too!:) To date there are four friends of mine doing this cruise also, two with studios and a couple with a larger balcony stateroom.

I hope I have not made a mistake booking a cruise on the Epic with all the negative feedback on Cruisecritic etc.:( Although the comments about the studios have been positive in general. I look forward to your opinions after you have done your November trip

Kev[/color']

Received my confirmation today! Really looking forward to experiencing the Epic. Heard many good things about the ship, some first hand, read some mixed reviews which don´t bother me at all. I very much kike the decor of the ship and especially the cabins. Don´t know why people make such a fuss about the "bathroom". Most chic hotels feature the same and noone complains. I guess it´s just new to many and once you get used to it it´s no big deal. Heard that food and staff was outstanding on the first sailings. Either way, it´s gonne be a fun sailing next year and it will give NCL more than enough time to get rid of all the glitches and issues that come along with a new ship.

Michael here from Frankfurt/Germany by the way. So far booked on my own but two friends also come along. Makes us three for now. Just trying to recruit friends from the States as well. Pretty sure we will have a big group of likeminded guys next year, as we had this year on the crossing over from New York on the Gem which was outstanding.

Cheers

Mike

Received my confirmation today! Really looking forward to experiencing the Epic. Heard many good things about the ship, some first hand, read some mixed reviews which don´t bother me at all. I very much kike the decor of the ship and especially the cabins. Don´t know why people make such a fuss about the "bathroom". Most chic hotels feature the same and noone complains. I guess it´s just new to many and once you get used to it it´s no big deal. Heard that food and staff was outstanding on the first sailings. Either way, it´s gonne be a fun sailing next year and it will give NCL more than enough time to get rid of all the glitches and issues that come along with a new ship.

Michael here from Frankfurt/Germany by the way. So far booked on my own but two friends also come along. Makes us three for now. Just trying to recruit friends from the States as well. Pretty sure we will have a big group of likeminded guys next year, as we had this year on the crossing over from New York on the Gem which was outstanding.

Cheers

Mike

Hi Mike!

A big welcome aboard to you and your friends. Considering this cruise is still so far off we are already building quite a community of like minded people:). I too am still working on friends in Europe and the USA to join us!

Good luck with your persuasive efforts!;)

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

will check here rugularly and let you know if more friends signed up. Soooo long down the road though. Are you by any chance doing the Atlantis Allure cruise? I am booked.

Mike

Dave & Steve here, friends of Kevin, really looking forward to the cruise and as you say quite a community building this early on bodes well for a great cruise. Hope all goes well with your thanksgiving cruise Brad and that your report is favourable, we do not want to lose anybody:)

Well my original intention was to book the Transatlantic on the new Carnival Magic, but the rates for the 1A cabins are now priced at 200%, so a little on the expensive side. The rates for the Studios on the Epic, I thought, are really pretty good.

I read some good and bad reviews about the Epic, but I usually take those things with a grain of salt. I think I will have an excellent time aboard!!

Dave & Steve here, friends of Kevin, really looking forward to the cruise and as you say quite a community building this early on bodes well for a great cruise. Hope all goes well with your thanksgiving cruise Brad and that your report is favourable, we do not want to lose anybody:)

The community for this cruise could be about to get bigger soon:). Steve & David (also part of this thread) took me to Denia to meet up with mutual friends this morning. We told them about this cruise that we have booked and it did not take much persuasion to get them onboard. They are going to be looking a bit more closely at the booking optons tomorrow and hopefully will be booking to join us. Keep your fingers crossed they do as they are a really nice jolly pair:D.

Hi Kevin,

will check here rugularly and let you know if more friends signed up. Soooo long down the road though. Are you by any chance doing the Atlantis Allure cruise? I am booked.

Mike

Yes let us know if you get more friends onboard, the more the better. I am also doing my best.

I am not booked to do the Atlantis Allure, for the time being I do not think I can afford or fit in any more cruises ......... ;)

The community for this cruise could be about to get bigger soon:). Steve & David (also part of this thread) took me to Denia to meet up with mutual friends this morning. We told them about this cruise that we have booked and it did not take much persuasion to get them onboard. They are going to be looking a bit more closely at the booking optons tomorrow and hopefully will be booking to join us. Keep your fingers crossed they do as they are a really nice jolly pair:D.

:DThey did it! Rob & John have booked a deluxe balcony' date=' just two staterooms away from Steve & David! So all sailaway parties (with champagne) will be in one or the other staterooms!!! Hhmmm probably not;):D!!![/size']

Hello all,

We just booked this cruise as well. This will be our third time in Barcelona, second being this coming November for the NCL Jade cruise.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Frank (& George)

HI! I AM NEIL, ONE OF DOROTHY'S FRIEND'S (KEVIN) FRIENDS:confused:. DID I SAY THAT RIGHT? I HAVE JUST SET UP THIS PROFILE ON CRUISE CRITIC BECAUSE I HAVE NEVER DONE A CRUISE BEFORE:eek:. AFTER YEARS OF PESTERING:rolleyes: ON KEVIN'S PART THIS WILL BE MY FIRST AND I AM REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO IT.

Hello all,

We just booked this cruise as well. This will be our third time in Barcelona, second being this coming November for the NCL Jade cruise.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Frank (& George)

Welcome aboard Frank and George!

I have never known a thread to get so populated so far in advance of the sail date. This has got to be a good sign hasn't it!:D

Are you doing the Eastern Med cruise on the Jade? If so, I did it in January 2009 and made so many friends on it. We became known amongst ourselves as the 'Jaded Queens':rolleyes:;). I am still in contact with most of the guys on that cruise and there is one couple who are this weekend considering whether to do this Epic cruise with us:). The cruise itself was fabulous and I think to date the Norwegian Jade is my favourite ship along with the Jewel. At the end of the cruise I wished I could have stayed on to do the Morocco and Canary Islands cruise that followed. You are going to enjoy the Jade for sure.

Kevin

Hi

Brian and Danie from South Africa booked for this cruise a week after disembarking the Jade in January 2010!

See you there

Welcome aboard Brian & Danie! I like the way this thread increases in numbers day by day:). You obviously lioked the Norwegian Jade, me too. The Jade and Jewel and my favourite ships to date:D

Kevin

Are you doing the Eastern Med cruise on the Jade? If so' date=' I did it in January 2009 and made so many friends on it. We became known amongst ourselves as the 'Jaded Queens':rolleyes:;). I am still in contact with most of the guys on that cruise and there is one couple who are this weekend considering whether to do this Epic cruise with us:). The cruise itself was fabulous and I think to date the Norwegian Jade is my favourite ship along with the Jewel. At the end of the cruise I wished I could have stayed on to do the Morocco and Canary Islands cruise that followed. You are going to enjoy the Jade for sure.

Kevin[/quote']

Yes, we are doing the 12 day Eastern Med cruise this fall. This will be our first time on the Jade, but if she is anything like the Jewel, we will have a fabulous time. We did the Jewel on her first Transatlantic cruise in 2005. She is my favorite, although, the Gem is pretty nice...

There's so many of you for the October TA. I haven't been able to find anyone on the May, 2011 TA. If you know of anyone interested in the May sailing, I have 8 Studio cabins blocked, 5 are available at 899.00 plus taxes/ins. I formed my own group. If I can get 8 cabins booked, each cabin gets $100. obs credit and a bottle of wine. I just checked the NCL site, they're not offering the Studio category.

my contact: aireboy@gmail.com

Chuck

• 1 month later...
I can't believe that I have booked this transatlatic crossing so far in advance but NCL have a sale on at present which ends tomorrow at 18hrs BST.

My mate of 30 years and I have booked two studios for this crossing. We would have preferred to have booked a balcony stateroom but having seen the bathrooms on this new ship with the fogged perspex walls we decided that was one view too many. We may be mates but that sort of detail we can do without!:eek:

Already two other friends of mine' date=' a couple, have decided to do this cruise but the more the better. Roll-up! Roll-up! Book your place before the sale ends.:D

[/size']

Hi, Drew here.

I've just booked myself a balcony cabin on this cruise.

Will be travelling alone, so be good to meet up with you guys and make some friends on this trip.

Done 2 Transatlantic cruises before and one Alaskan cruise, but this will be my first time on NCL.

Got a great deal on the cabin through Virgin Holidays, including Virgin flights to Barcelona and back from Miami in Premium Economy.

Don't think I've ever booked anything so far in advance, but I'm sure the time will pass by quickly, and hopefully, there will be lots of 'us' on board.

cheers

Drew.

Hi, Drew here.

I've just booked myself a balcony cabin on this cruise.

Will be travelling alone, so be good to meet up with you guys and make some friends on this trip.

Done 2 Transatlantic cruises before and one Alaskan cruise, but this will be my first time on NCL.

Got a great deal on the cabin through Virgin Holidays, including Virgin flights to Barcelona and back from Miami in Premium Economy.

Don't think I've ever booked anything so far in advance, but I'm sure the time will pass by quickly, and hopefully, there will be lots of 'us' on board.

cheers

Drew.

Welcome Aboard Drew!:)

I am pleased you got such a good price through Virgin, since I booked back in June the prices have gone up quite a bit and the Studio suites have now sold out

Don't worry about being able to meet up with the rest of us as with NCL there is normally an informal get together every evening at 19hrs in one of the quieter bars .................. if any exist on the Epic.

I also have never booked so far in advance for a cruise but the time will soon pass .......... I hope!

Kevin:)

Archived