Roll Call Wind Surf June 19-Venice to Athens (11 nights)

gymswim

We are looking forward to this new itinerary for us. This will be my 26th Windstar cruise and we are still just as excited as we were after the first cruise experience.

Hope to hear from other CC's on this board as we get closer to the sailing date this summer!

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
We are looking forward to this new itinerary for us. This will be my 26th Windstar cruise and we are still just as excited as we were after the first cruise experience.

Hope to hear from other CC's on this board as we get closer to the sailing date this summer!

Bill

Will waive as we get off. My wife and I are on the 6-12 Malta to Venice cruise. John

John,

We are doing Malta to Venice in October. Would you post a review when you get back? Are you staying any extra nights in Venice? If so what hotel? We will do one night in Malta pre-cruise at Le Meridien but are unsure of where to stay in Venice so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Bill, we met you in Belize a few years back when it was a new itinerary (1998?). What are your recommendations for Venice?

This will be our sixth Windstar cruise.

Dara

• 2 weeks later...

We are staying in Sicily for 3 days prior to the cruise. Ferries are available from there to Malta, about 1.5 hours, if I follow the information correctly.

We are staying 2 additional nights in Venice at the Hotel Flora. We stayed there about 7 years ago. Very nice, recently remodeled, small with a common courtyard for breakfeast, one block off St. Mark's Sq. We are trying to fly into Sicily and out of Budapest using milage. This seems to be a difficult task. John

Hi Dara:

You have a very good memory to recall meeting us on the Belize Windstar trip from 1998! That was a memorable voyage. Do you recall one of the Windstar gangways being destroyed by the local dive boat that dropped us off at the end of the day?

We were sailing on Princess last month and stopped in Belize to do some more diving. We had a great time, but still preferred our time on Windstar!

We are very much looking forward to our next Windstar Cruise and seeing some of our friends again from previous cruises.

We're elected to do flight deviations to Venice as well as on the return from Athens, preferring to choose our own flights and time of arrival. In fact, after we finish the cruise, we are going on to Paris for a few days and then on to London to see some theater.

We are going to go into Venice a day early so we can spend Saturday and Sat night in Venice. We're staying at the Duodo Palace. I love Venice. It's one of the world's great one of a kind cities and so romantic.

Bill

Bill,

Yes I do remember the dive boat debacle. We did the Windstar in Tahiti last year and really loved the diving there as well. Thanks for the name of your hotel in Venice as I just booked our Malta/Venice flights today and was at a loss for a Venice hotel - there seem to be a bizillion. I will look at the Duodo Palace.

You will have a great trip by the sound of it.

Dara

Archived