Antwerp - May 2010

WOW -- wonderful pics -- thank you. We were there in the Cathederal on Easter Sunday; the choir, organ and acoustics were superb. Antwerp is right up there with our most favorite ports.

Best wishes,

captgeo

Here is another slideshow of our Western Europe Azamara Journey cruise - this time the port of Antwerp, Belgium. It included visits to the (very impressive!) City Hall and the Cathedral (paintings by Rubens!) ..

Miriam

Hi Miriam,

Glad to hear that you enjoyed Antwerp that much

As I live there I can not resist to post a picture of "your" ship taken from the left bank of the Schelde river.

The Journey will be "our" ship on July 24th as I will be on the Journey Baltic cruise from Copenhagen then

Ps:attached picture is small resized in order to post it

If you want a bettter quality one I can email it to your private address

Patrick

DSC01682A.jpg.944e12f72b420728f202e3f1e63d16fc.jpg

Hi Patrick (or Rubens - what an appropriate nickname for an Antwerpen native!)

I'll be very happy to get a "normal" picture of the Journey from that other side of the river (send to miriam10_il@yahoo.com )

We indeed enjoyed your city. The weather could have been a little better - but I'll take "too cool" over "too warm" anytime, so that was OK too! :)

I DO envy you your (soon coming) Journey trip ..

Whole 3 days in St. Petersburg and (presumably) you'll be docking near in the city.. WOW!

And apart of that - the lovely ambiance of Azamara..

( don't forget to register for the M&M party!).

And please, convey our warmest regards to Heike who is one of the two best Hotel Directors we've ever met (and both on the same ship!)

Enjoy your sailing!

Miriam

• 2 weeks later...

Antwerp is our first port on our christmas markets cruise.

Can anyone please tell us if we can buy hand rolling tobacco at a cheap price as you can at Adinkerke, using sterling or euros?

Thanks

Antwerp is our first port on our christmas markets cruise.

Can anyone please tell us if we can buy hand rolling tobacco at a cheap price as you can at Adinkerke, using sterling or euros?

Thanks

As Adinkerke is located in Belgium you can buy at same price all over Belgium and of course also in Antwerp.

I would suggest to use euros instead of sterling as shops do not give a good exchange rate

• 2 weeks later...

Archived