Any scrapbooking material on these ships?

pampaul

I've been on 3 cruises on 3 different lines and haven't seen too many scrapbooking materials on either (except Disney, I did get a 2008 scrapbook album) Yeah, they might have a few small kits but I'm mainly looking for the actual scrapbook album that does have the name of the cruise line or ship. I'm leaving next Saturday on the Jewel and next August I'll be on the Carnival Miracle. Will I find stuff like this on these ships? Thanks!!!

Carnival and Princess both have scrapbooking kits done by "three birds" design company; they are "okay" .. RCI had a scrapbook "class" but it was just regular construction paper etc... they would do well to have some really good classes or materials .. of course that would be just another way to get your money ;) I can't remember if RCI had kits or not...

• 2 weeks later...

I was excited to see scrapbooking offered by Carnival on a cruise, but when I got there the 2 young girls conducting it had no clue...unpacked the supplies and left. A couple of women took most of the paper and embellishments and left little for the rest. I ended up asking for stuff so I could give basic instructions to 3 ladies who had never done any scrapping. We took drink menus (we were in the Metro bar area) and made a page. They were impressed and surprised. I have since contacted Carnival on more than 1 occasion to see if they would hire me (LOL) to teach scrapping on board....surprise, surprise no answer.

• 3 weeks later...

We were on Mariner of the Seas earlier this month and they had scrapbooking "classes" on all three sea days. At the first one, they had their new package for sale. This is a wonderful 3 part set that has stickers, paper and embellishments in it and is only $10. After we all bought one, the girl running the "class" said she was going to show some techniques. Unfortunately, the techniques were the same old ones they always have done and had nothing to do with the new materials. The rest of the "classes" were supposed to be the same.

Hopefully they'll start to develop some better classes using these really nice materials.

I just got off of the Jewel a couple weeks ago and I ended up buying the cruise Scapbook Album and a kit with a bunch of paper & embellishments. They did have a scrapbook class on board that week. So I went up to where they were having it (at the right time/day) and nobody was there. :confused: Didn't bother me too much though. I went to one on Disney Magic (I believe) and it was VERY basic and I've been scrapbooking for quite a few years, so I assumed this class would have been the same.

Archived