RCI rebooking

• 2 weeks later...

We were on RCCL in November and were in a grand suite and we booked another one while on the ship, another grand suite, they gave us $100.00 shipboard credit. But if you are a member of their crown and anchor society, you can get a coupon for dollars off. Plus we were turning into Platinum members so we got another $100.00 off.

Booking on board may or may not save you money. There are many factors involved. The only way to know if you are really saving money is to do your homework.

In general, booking very early gives you early bird discounts on most cruises and you have choice pick of the cabin in your category, not to mention a nice long pay off period!

So if you were on board and puchased a cruise a year or more in advance, the combo of lower pricing and an onboard credit should be a good savings. If you book a cruise with a near departure date, you might not fare so well.

I know several people who mistakenly wait to purchase a cruise until they were sailing and by waiting cabin prices on their new cruise had escalated so that it was no savings at all. Plus they lost choice cabins!

Additionally, if you have a TA who is affiliated with certain companies that puchase group cabins, you can take advantage of the group pricing without have to be form your own group and it usually saves more than the discount given on board. This is a very large advantage to having a good TA.

I hope I was able to clearly explain this!

Archived