ATT Cell Phones

I have ATT and there was an extra charge to use my cell phone in Nassau... used it a bunch in St. Thomas though for no extra charge.

St Thomas is part of the United States, that's why.

Yes, you will incur roaming charges if you use it outside the United States or it's territories. Places like Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands are included in your regular plan.

I know my ATT cell phone will work when I an in Fort Lauderdale and when I get on the ship before it leaves. Will it work in Nassau with not extra charges?
Nassau will be 2.29 per minute if you are far enough away from the ship that you're not picking up its wireless service. Ship's wireless rates are 2.49. If you purchase a certain international roaming plan, Nassau's rates drop from 2.29 to 1.99 per minute.

Before we left, AT&T told us that all incoming texts are free and outbound texts (except for St Thomas) are 50c per text. I haven't checked my bill yet to verify this, but I thought it might be of interest to you.

Archived