Lunchtime Restaurant Buffets

CASPALL

On our recent Aurora cruise we noticed that there was no indoor seafood buffet/Spanish tapas buffet/whatever. On past cruises we always liked going to these as they were always on in the dining room that normal lunch wasn't served in.

Is it just more cut- backs from P&O or was it just that one cruise? I can't remember if it was the same on Oriana last October.

They did still have the outdoor BBQ lunch (weather wasn't nice enough for it!)

Caryl

We adore Aurora! We like the bars - especially Andersons and Crows Nest. The staff are so friendly all over the ship.

Nice little dance floor in masquerades to bop the night away!

Love Cafe Bordeaux as it gives you yet another (and different) option for breakfast and lunch and you can have light meals all day so if you come back late from a trip ashore you can still have a nice lunch on board (till 3pm) with good waiter service.

It's good to have a proper cinema as well.

The covered pool is a real bonus - especially as our last cruise wasn't blessed with the best weather!

The gym is OK too - always plenty of clean towels available.

We love the deck areas for sunning ourselves - different levels and nicely laid out.

The outdoor cafe does excellent baked potatoes as well as yummy fish and chips (though we never ate fish and chips last time!)

The prom deck is good for a walkabout.

So many good things. The only place we're not so keen on is the sports bar (can't remember the name) as people walk through that area.

You will have a great cruise! Enjoy!

Caryl

Thanksfor your replies and photos - we are looking forward to our cruise - is there a dance floor big enough for ballroom/latin dancing?

April seems a long way away but Im sure once xmas is over it will soon come round

Linda

Seafood bar? There is always prawns, mussels, trout, salmon, mackerel etc. in the buffet.

Tapas bar? We have spent over 4 months on cruises on Aurora. When was the tapas bar that no longer exisits?

- is there a dance floor big enough for ballroom/latin dancing?........Linda

Yes, it's called Carmen's. The floor is circular and, by ship's standards, it is of adequate size for modest ballroom and latin dancing. The band also plays a few sequence dances. Both Aurora and Oriana usually have excellent dance-bands which play strict tempo so, if you are a dancer, you should be satisfied.

There is dancing virtually every night and there are usually some dance classes during the day for absolute beginners. Have a good cruise!

Foxy

"Seafood bar? There is always prawns, mussels, trout, salmon, mackerel etc. in the buffet.

Tapas bar? We have spent over 4 months on cruises on Aurora. When was the tapas bar that no longer exisits?"

You misunderstand Merlin7, methinks.

Caryl

"On our recent Aurora cruise we noticed that there was no indoor seafood buffet/Spanish tapas buffet/whatever."

So, there is a tapas bar?

We must have missed that!

Perhaps it's the fact that the OP would have liked these on board. If so, they should have made that clear.

"Perhaps it's the fact that the OP would have liked these on board. If so, they should have made that clear "

I give up!!!

Bring back Stopgo!!!

Thanks Sue for understanding my OP

Caryl

We have in the past had speciality lunch buffets such Neptune, Spanish, Indian etc served in the rear restaurant but this seems to have stopped since they started having a themed buffet in the self service every evening.

Personally I preferred the system as it was as I always like to dine in the main restaurant. I cannot see any joy in dining in the self service in the evening.

Brian

I quite agree Brian.

I always wonder how many people they actually cater for in the evening buffet.

On our last cruise we would see the photographers,some of the shop assistants , spa/ gym people eating there when the buffet opened. Nice and fresh at 6pm.

Caryl

Archived