Help - Cruise to Canada Decision - RCCL or Carnvial?

Hello,

I am apprehensive about booking a cruise to Canada on the Voyager. I've only been on Royal Caribbean one other time - on the Nordic Empress - and it was a horrible experience. Horrible Cruise Director, Horrible Food (both poor selection and poor quality), Horrible Staff (bad, unfriendly attitudes). However, I am not close minded - while Carnival is in the running for this cruise, I am asking for honest opinions regarding the Voyager. I know it's only a 5 day cruise but, it could be a L-O-N-G 5 days. I am not seeking answers like "a day of cruising is better than a day working"...that's a given!! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Just tell me what you thought of the ship. Also is it possible to get a table for 4 - we requested that on the Nordic Empress and were stuck at a table for 8...at that time they only had tables for 8!! So, tell me what I could expect if I book the Voyager...

Joe

Voyager is a wonderful ship, with the parades, ice staking , sports deck and shows I can't imagine you being bored. I have been on Carnival and it is a fien cruise line but the amemities on a Voyager class ship are hard to beat.

We've beem on Voyager and thought it was wonderful. We have done 5 RCI cruises and 1 Carnival (Triumph last Aug). We will be very hard pressed to ever do carnival again. Even with all the complaints people voice about RC
I, I still consider RCI to be better than Carnival.

The Moyers
Dennis & Debbie
Navigator of the Seas 9/18
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;9;18;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

You are comparing the Nordic Empress with the VOyager--not really fair. I am sure there is more to do on the Voyager then the Nordic. Rocking climbing, ice skating, even mini golf. You can do it all or just some of it. I found the VOyager very relaxing. One thing the Voyager has that the Victory does not is a pool for adults only and it was a slice of heaven. It was enforced with no kids when we sailed. Im not a picky eater and found the food on both the VOyager and the Victory to be about the same. We had a great time on both ships but prefered the nightlife on the Victory a lot more. The voyager gave us a choice between lounges...with different music where Victory had something else besides dancing/music at night.

Going NOWHERE
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Miracle, February 13, 2005
Legend, October 22,2004
Voyager August 31,2003
Victory September 22,2002
Regal Empress,June 2001
Sensation,August 2000

Archived