Motion Sickness

junmy3

I have been reading reviews concerning the trip to Fanning Island. Several folks have talked about the rough seas and the cruise line providing Dramamine. My question is does the ship charge for the Dramamine? I did a search but could not find the answer.

I also have a question concerning this topic. None of us (2 adults and 2 children) have ever become seasick..nor are we prone to motion sickness (love rollercoasters!). I am not anticipating a problem. Yet, I read about people having problems with the Hawaii cruise. Should we take something...and what...just in case? I hate to use medication if not neceassary. Most peolple seem to recommend using the meds BEFORE you need them as well. Any advice? Thanks!

Due to weather patterns, etc., the seas do tend to be a bit rougher around Hawaii in the winter, especially January and February. This is when you read about all those high waves on the North Shore of Oahu. If you're not prone to motion sickness, I would not take anything. I never had a problem dispite three times having some very rough seas for a couple hours each. Some in my party did have problems, so we went to the front desk for the medicine and had those folks start taking the pills about three to four hours prior to sailing. This helped them a lot. For those of you that do get sick while on board, go to any bar and tell them you have motion sickness. They will mix carbonated water and Bitters for you AT NO CHARGE. Taste terrible but does help settle the old tummy.

Archived