Israeli passport stamp

bellagirl

Need help here.....we will be arriving by ship to Haifa and Ashdod. Will we be getting a stamp in our passport? At some point in the future,we hope to visit Libya and Tunisia(have already visited Egypt). Will having an Israeli stamp prohibit us from doing this?

Do we need to alert the authorities that we would prefer a separate stamp on a separate piece of paper(I've heard that is possible). Thanks to any that can help. Shelly:)

Sheely, they will come onto the ship either prior to the time you reach the port or as soon as the ship docks. Each passenger will meet with the immigration personnel. They will put a stamp on a card that you will not keep. It will not be in your passport.

We have visited Israel by ship multiple times and as recently as this past April.

Keith

Hmmm. I have an Israel stamp in my passport from a business trip 4 years ago. I am planning to visit Egypt and Jordan in November. Hope I do not have a problem, since both countries border Israel.

Hmmm. I have an Israel stamp in my passport from a business trip 4 years ago. I am planning to visit Egypt and Jordan in November. Hope I do not have a problem, since both countries border Israel.

Check with the American embassies for these countries. I don't think you will have a problem with either one of these countries though but again contact the embassies.

Keith

Not a problem for either Egypt or Jordan- my husband travels to both frequently, using his US (with multiple Israeli stamps) passport, and it's perfectly fine- Israeli business people and tourists enter both countries daily using Israeli passports. My husband's US passport is clearly marked as having been issued in Israel, with Israel listed as his place of residence, and even that isn't an issue.

I haven't cruised to Israel but I did fly in this year and last year...which I know is different than cruising, but I just wanted to say that last year the immigration person asked me specifically if I wanted a card stamped, but this year the person automatically stamped my passport before I could tell her not to (I work a lot in the Middle East in countries that won't let you in with an Israeli stamp). Libya is actually one of the places I've researched going for work, and I did find out that they don't like Israeli stamps...so just to be safe I would just tell the immigration person up front that you want a card stamped...now I have to get a new passport...

I love Israel...hope you have a great time!

Archived