hanauma bay for snorkeling

pbinn

I understand hanauma bay is good for snorkeling. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is a shuttle or bus that runs from waikiki beach area to there, or if i would have to take a cab. We are staying at the princess kaiulani and would like to go both here and diamond head. Maybe there is something in the hotel lobby to set up transportation?

You can take the Bus to Hanauma bay. Only $2.00 for adults, $1.00 for seniors and disabled. Just need to walk a block back to Kuhio Ave and catch bus #22. Really easy and alot cheaper than a cab. There are also alot of excursions to Hanauma Bay which include transportation and snorkel equipment. You can get those for $10-15pp. Hanauma Bay charges $5 to get in which is not included in the excursions price. If you have your own equipment the bus would be the best bet but you can also rent equipment at Hanauma Bay. Hope this helps. Linda

thanks for the info. we will be taking our own equipment so the bus sounds great..cheaper than i thought it would be. I guess i can get a bus schedule when i get there. thanks again

NOTE -- Hanauma Bay is closed at least one day a week, I think it is on Tuesday.

Debr

Archived