ROLL CALL - NCL EPIC TransAtlantic - May 7th, 2011

aireboy

Hey Keith!

That looks like a cool cabin. We considered the larger balcony cabin too, but it was quite a bit more at the time we booked. Would you be willing to show it to us? My friend Derek and I are just one deck above you and across the hall. #13095.

My name is David and I'm new to the thread. I just booked the Epic TA. I haven't had the time to read through all of the postings, but is there going to be some sort of meeting or get together? Traveling with my Dad on this trip and as much as love him, for 11 days it would be nice to meet others.

Hi David! Welcome to the group! There will definitely be a "Friends Of Dorothy" gathering every day on the ship where you can meet other guys.

I did the TA on the NCL Jewel a couple years ago, and we met every night

for happy hour at one of the smaller bars. There were typically 30 guys at least. Then, you'll start to see us around the ship. You're welcome to hang out with us too whenever you need a break from your Dad.

Have you cruised before? This should be a really relaxing trip....I love all the sea days!

David

Hi all and welcome to all the new members of this thread! Shaping up to be a decent amount of people to make the "FOD" get togethers a lot of fun!

Darrell and I would love to be part of a cabin crawl and can offer up our mini-suite as one of the pit stops! We are located on the 11th deck cabin 11249.

Hi David! Welcome to the group! There will definitely be a "Friends Of Dorothy" gathering every day on the ship where you can meet other guys.

I did the TA on the NCL Jewel a couple years ago, and we met every night

for happy hour at one of the smaller bars. There were typically 30 guys at least. Then, you'll start to see us around the ship. You're welcome to hang out with us too whenever you need a break from your Dad.

Have you cruised before? This should be a really relaxing trip....I love all the sea days!

David

Yes, this will be cruise #8. I'm excited for this trip and meeting all of you. Is there going to be some kind of meeting on the day the cruise sails? Will it be listed somewhere?

Yes, this will be cruise #8. I'm excited for this trip and meeting all of you. Is there going to be some kind of meeting on the day the cruise sails? Will it be listed somewhere?

There is a daily flyer with all the activities. I think it's called the Freestyle Daily. I'm not sure if they will have a Friends Of Dorothy meeting listed the first day, but for sure on day 2. They usually will have the meeting in a bar, and I hope they do it around happy hour. We'll just have to wait and see.:)

How nice to such a large group forming. We have sailed with Allen and Darrell before and had a wonderful time with them and the other great people we had in our group. Looking forward to the same. We are staying on in Barcelona for a couple of days before flying to Copenhagen and then training to Malmo, Sweden. Will be there for the summer and return on the Norwegian Sun in late September. Just booked a lot of entertainment venues as reservations are needed for many of them (Blue Man Group, 2nd City, etc). ALL ABOARD!

Hey guys! Did you book the entertainment on the NCL web site? Did you have to first complete your boarding documents or when did it prompt you to do that?

Thanks for the tip!

Go to your booking online and you can make reservations by checking the bar for each day. I went ahead and booked all the entertainment, but I sure don't want to be going all alone. I wish we could agree on going together to some events, like the Cirque dinner show. Hope we can work all this out when we meet as I think we have a good group.

We booked on line through My NCL. No we did not print our docs yet as they are not available until about 30 days of embarkation. You can book excursions and there are several shows like Cirque that have a fee, and a whole bunch that are free but do require reservations like Blue Man group, 2nd City, etc.

Hey Keith!

That looks like a cool cabin. We considered the larger balcony cabin too, but it was quite a bit more at the time we booked. Would you be willing to show it to us? My friend Derek and I are just one deck above you and across the hall. #13095.

By all means, I love to see the different cabins. The cabin crawl on the main board was full so we can do our own. I switch to an inside for the med 4 day. I got a real cheap deal on it.

By all means, I love to see the different cabins. The cabin crawl on the main board was full so we can do our own. I switch to an inside for the med 4 day. I got a real cheap deal on it.

Thanks, Keith!

So, here's what we have so far. We'd love to add a studio and also an inside cabin or whatever else might be unique.

Denman David & Derek Std. Balcony. 13095

CC & JP No names yet S4 in Courtyard. No stateroom number yet.

jpa34 Allen & Darrell Mini Suite 11249

AirSea&Rail Keith Large Balcony 12092

Any thoughts on what day and time everyone would like to do this?

What about 11 am and then those that want can go to lunch in the main dining room. Or maybe mid afternoon is better? We're open and no plans

on going anywhere!

A cabin crawl sounds great! Count us in. We have a minisuite on deck 9 (9100) and would love to see the rest of the cabins.

Hi guys! Everyone of course is welcome! We already have a mini suite to show, however. Does any one have a studio cabin or anything other than what I listed earlier?

Just a little more than 5 weeks to go!

I booked 12092, Large Balcony. It was way cheaper than the Studio. I don't understand why but what the hell.

I had originally booked a studio when they were cheaper. When the price of balconies dropped to around $300 more than I paid for the studio I decided to get the extra space. Based on the deck plan I should be able to wave, I'm right down the hall from you.......

Paul

Hey guys,

We are booked for the May 7th TA as well....our first TA...can't wait. It will be great meeting all of you!

We (Felipe and Wade) would love to do the CC. We are in 11270...probably the same kind of room as Allen and Darrell....but happy to add ours to the list.

Welcome, F&W! We're glad to hear you're on board! It seems like there's going to be a nice group on our crossing!

I'd like to propose a date and time for our cabin crawl. Please let me know if there's any conflict with meeting on Thursday, May 12th at 11 am at

the Fat Cats Lounge, Deck 6. We can have lunch together at 1 pm for anyone that would like to join us in the dining room.

So far, this is who is showing their cabins. We would love to see some other unique cabins such as an interior studio, so please let us know if you have something else you are willing to let us see! And, of course, everyone is welcome to attend!

CC & JP Chow-Chi & Jean-Philippe Courtyard. 16015

Would those who have agreed to let us see their staterooms, please let me know if this time works for you?

One month from today we'll be well into the Atlantic! Can't wait! :D

David and Derek

Hey guys,

We are booked for the May 7th TA as well....our first TA...can't wait. It will be great meeting all of you!

We (Felipe and Wade) would love to do the CC. We are in 11270...probably the same kind of room as Allen and Darrell....but happy to add ours to the list.

Delighted that you have joined the group. We are in 9100 and look forward to meeting you at the FOD meeting. It looks like we will have a lively group and the crossing should be great fun.

Welcome, F&W! We're glad to hear you're on board! It seems like there's going to be a nice group on our crossing!

I'd like to propose a date and time for our cabin crawl. Please let me know if there's any conflict with meeting on Thursday, May 12th at 11 am at

the Fat Cats Lounge, Deck 6. We can have lunch together at 1 pm for anyone that would like to join us in the dining room.

So far, this is who is showing their cabins. We would love to see some other unique cabins such as an interior studio, so please let us know if you have something else you are willing to let us see! And, of course, everyone is welcome to attend!

Would those who have agreed to let us see their staterooms, please let me know if this time works for you?

David and Derek

Works for us!! looking forward to seeing all the different accomadations!

Allen and Darrell

David and Derek

That time works for us! looking forawrd to seeing all the different accommadations!

Allen and Darrell

Archived