Victoria Cruise Ship Shuttle

Where is the pickup point for the shuttle to get back to the ship? Is it along the wall across from the Empress Hotel? How long is the wait for a shuttle to arrive? We were on a tour to the Gardens and the driver gave us the option of being dropped off in the city instead of going back to the ship. We had a cocktail at the Bengal Lounge, walk up and down Government Street and had a beer at one of the pubs, went shopping and bought a bottle of wine to bring back to the Golden. I think we drank alot that day. When it was time to get back to the Golden we went to the spot where we were dropped off and waited for the shuttle. I don't know how long we waited but a cab driver asked us if we needed a ride. After a while we decided to walk back to the ship which was no problem. We like to walk. Were we waiting at the right place?

The pick up spot is along the causeway wall across the street from the Empress Hotel. I believe that the buses arrive and depart about every 10 minutes.....glad you had a good time in Victoria.:)

Where is the pickup point for the shuttle to get back to the ship? Is it along the wall across from the Empress Hotel? How long is the wait for a shuttle to arrive? We were on a tour to the Gardens and the driver gave us the option of being dropped off in the city instead of going back to the ship. We had a cocktail at the Bengal Lounge, walk up and down Government Street and had a beer at one of the pubs, went shopping and bought a bottle of wine to bring back to the Golden. I think we drank alot that day. When it was time to get back to the Golden we went to the spot where we were dropped off and waited for the shuttle. I don't know how long we waited but a cab driver asked us if we needed a ride. After a while we decided to walk back to the ship which was no problem. We like to walk. Were we waiting at the right place?

For less money, you can grab the #30 or #31 bus from anywhere along Douglas Street in downtown Victoria, and it drops you on Dallas Rd right in front of the cruise terminal.

They have not picked up there for years.They pick up at Fort and Government, and depending on the night and how many buses they have taken off the shuttle run to go out to the gardens, your wait may be way longer than 10 min. The line up for the shuttles often goes around the block. My recommendation is, just hail a cab anywhere in the downtown core and it is a $8.00-$10.00 ride back to the ship. Way less hassle and about the same price.

Where is the pickup point for the shuttle to get back to the ship? Is it along the wall across from the Empress Hotel?

Its just as you get off the ship. As I recall from last year, I'll see the taxi's first (keep walking) and they're a little on the left. I don't think it is even 50 yards. Its just after you clear customs.

How long is the wait for a shuttle to arrive?
For us it was only 10 minutes.

But, I'll save you some money in the next piece of advice. Along the left wall after customs, you can exchange your US dollars into Canadian dollars. Most businesses will take your US dollars but you deserve a little more.

Archived