What do to with your wallet while on the beach?

Berk987

We've booked a tour with Bernands for December. When we go to Orient Beach, what should we do with our wallet? We plan to only bring the minimum cash, one credit card and our ship IDs (which I can hang on a chain on my neck). Do we need to rent beach chairs? We're taking our kids age 4 & 6 w/us. We can easily bring ship beach towels and leave them on the bus when touring. Thoughts? Thanks.

We purchased one of those travel alarms that you can attach to a camera bag or backpack but we could not get it to work properly and threw it out before we left home. I went back to my old way of keeping my bag safe which is attaching it to something like a lounge chair. I wrap the strap through the chair a few times and put a towel over the bag. We also take turns keeping an eye on it when we are in the water. We have never had an issue.

You can also buy a hard shell water-resistant water wallet that will easily hold a few cards and cash. It is roughly the size of a pack of cigarettes but a little thicker and is worn around your neck. Available on most ships and in beach and surf stores.

I use a small "dry bag" type clear blue envelope made by Aqua Pac that has been much more reliably watertight than any hard case I've tried. It comes with a lanyard(string) that you can tie to your bathing suit for extra peace of mind. They can be ordered online from eBags among others if you can't find one locally.

I use a small "dry bag" type clear blue envelope made by Aqua Pac that has been much more reliably watertight than any hard case I've tried. It comes with a lanyard(string) that you can tie to your bathing suit for extra peace of mind. They can be ordered online from eBags among others if you can't find one locally.

You are aware that many of the people discussing this issue here will have no bathing suit to tie lanyards to.

You are aware that many of the people discussing this issue here will have no bathing suit to tie lanyards to.

There are various appendages on each human body suitable for lashing a wallet via a lanyard. Some appendages accomodate larger wallets than others. ;):D

I have been using an Aqua Pac since 2004 when I go to the beach from the ship. The one I purchased online can be snapped around the waist, rather than around the neck, and it floats. They also offer one that can fit a camera, if you want something a little larger. I paid $30 plus S/H back in 2004. Money well spent.

Archived