Tour options in Rangiroa

Gordo

WOW!! Thanks for sharing this. I really wanted to see the Pink Sands but now I am sold on the Blue Lagoon. !!!!

Have received e-mail from the Raie Manta people, and it seems that they are offering 2 tours for that day:

Pink Sands: 12,000 Tahitian Francs

Reef Islands: 9,000 T. Francs.

I keep asking them about the BLue Lagoon, but they say that it is another tour. Also, we are in Rangiroa fm 8-5. They say that we will be back BY 4:00 pm. This worries me a bit b/c we have to tender back to the ship, and, at this time, I do not know what time the last tender to the ship is. I'd certainly hate to miss the last tender to the ship. I'm awaiting their response to this b4 I post on our Roll Call....Anybody have other information?

• 1 month later...

I've been to Rangiroa in 1980 and 1991. Stayed both times at the Kia Ora, which was built by Ugo's father, Robin and two other gents. It is presently being re-habbed in 2010. An absolutely wonderful spot with the greatest bar on any island. Robin sold the place years ago and lives down the beach in an area eastward toward the Tiputa pass. If any of you lucky visitors get there, ask for Robin (now in his 80's) and tell him his "Chou Chou" from the USA sends her love! We met in 1980 and still correspond.

Ahoy!

A portion of my review regarding a Jan. 2010 port call in Rangiroa:

"RANGIORA, FRENCH POLYNESIA (0800-1700): I had booked a full day Bleu Lagoon tour with Ugo Angely (oviriexcursions@hotmail.fr) with nine other wonderful CC folks for a total of 12 adventurous souls. Unfortunately the day was overcast for the better part of the day but we had a wonderful time regardless.

The snorkeling was great as was the motu lunch and, of course, the company. Ugo actually showed up at the end of the tour to collect the fees ($105/pp). He was in a small outboard boat and I guess he had taken some folks up to the Pink Sands beach for a private tour guided by himself. I would recommend this tour with Ugo’s outfit."

If interested, pictures of the tour are available on the Picasa site linked at the bottom of my signature. Just scroll down to the Rangiroa folder

Have a WONDERFUL CRUISE!

Bob:)

Hi Bob: Fabulous pics of your trip. Would you mind telling me what kind of camera you used for your underwater shots? Also we have a home in Princeville Kauai and were also there in September 2010. We are also going to FP in May 2011. Can you book tours for individuals and join the group your do you have to put the group together?

I emailed Leon the end of last week, and have already heard back from him about tours for February when we visit Rangiroa. We have decided on the pink sand beach excursion. I emailed him back promptly asking to book this tour and will let you know how many days it takes to get a response/confirmation.

Toto - did you ever get an answer? The pink sand beach sounds wonderful, but is there a link that I can find out more info on whats available? We were planning on spending the day at the beach you told us about near the ship, but what the heck I'll try and see if we can squeeze one more tour in. (after this is a once in a lifetime trip!)

Helen

Toto - did you ever get an answer? The pink sand beach sounds wonderful, but is there a link that I can find out more info on whats available? We were planning on spending the day at the beach you told us about near the ship, but what the heck I'll try and see if we can squeeze one more tour in. (after this is a once in a lifetime trip!)

Helen

Helen, yes, we have a group confirmed for the Pink Sand Beach with Leon (11 total so far-3 waiting for confirmation still). He doesn't have a website that I know of, and offers two different tours which he explains when you email him what is included.

The Pink Sand Beach tour is approximately $125 per person paid in XPF, not sure about the Reef Islands as we didn't enquiry about that tour, but I think it is a little less.

Here is his email response:

Thank you for your email.

For your information we suggest 2 excursions on the lagoon, the Reef Islands and the Pink Sands. Here are some details :

Reef Islands 1 hour by boat :

You will go for a walk for around 2 hours on the reef where you will find natural jacuzzi, you can snorkeling. After, you will go back on the motu for the picnic (rice, chicken, fish, raw fish, coconut bread, cake, juice and water will be offer).

After the lunch, there will be a shark feeding and you can enjoy the few last minutes before leaving the motu by snorkeling.

On the return you will snorkel at the aquarium at the motu NUHI NUHI and to close the tour you will go at the Tiputa Pass to watch the dolphins.

Pink Sands 1 hour and a half by boat :

You will go on the Pink Sands directly where you will stay around 2 hours where you can do some snorkeling and after you will take the boat to go on the motu for the picnic.

On the return, same as the Reef Islands, snorkeling at the aquarium, ...

We go for a minimum of 4 persons for both tours.

We stay at your disposal for any further information you may require in the nearest future.

Best regards,`

PA'ATI EXCURSIONS

Natacha or Léon

• 2 years later...

Archived