Star Mini-suite - Sofa Bed???

winterblues

We have booked a family vacation for 4 (13 and 16 year old teenagers) on the STAR in a mini-suite AF. The TA assures me (over and over) that there will be plenty of room for all of us but every time I look at a picture of it, the sofa bed looks small. Has anybody ever stayed in this suite before with a family of 4?:confused:

We were 3 adults in an Af suite on the Dawn (sister to the Star) over New Years. The sofa opens up flat and is about the size of a regular double bed. It is approx 5 1/2 feet long I would say. It was fine for one adult or maybe two small children. Not too sure that 2 fairly grown kids would be comfortable on it. It is also VERY firm and requires an egg crate mattress which must be requested from your room steward.

Well....

Let me say that we have booked an AF on the Star for this summer with our daughters who will be 7 and 12. We have stayed in the AF's before but I think that this will be our last time because the size of the bed. It is probably doable with teens but it won't be too comfortable for sleeping. Keep in mind though, one of our daughters is really horrible to sleep with as she tosses and turns, kicks legs etc. so that could be impacting our decision. Future, we have talked about a balcony room with an inside across the hall for the kids.

We were in a mini-suite on the Star last month. There were three of us. My wife and I had the two double beds combined to make a Queen bed and our teenage daughter slept on the sofa bed. To tell you the truth, I feel that our daughter had the best part of the suite. There is a partition curtain that separates the sofa bed from the rest of the room so our daughter had her own space, the tv, and the balcony access!

If we were to have four people in the suite I think I would have the two doubles separated for the children, pull the partition, and enjoy the sofa bed with my wife! I thought that the sofa bed was quite comfortable.

Storage will be the issue for the four of you. Make sure that you check your teenagers packing jobs. I can not believe the amount of clothes that our daughter brought, and did not use! Have a great time... We had the most outstanding vacation on the Star. ss

Thank you everyone for your great replies. I feel much better now and am looking forward to our cruise in 5 weeks.

Have a great time! The Star is fantastic. I am sure that you will have wonderful time. But do ask for an egg crate for the sofa bed as it is VERY hard. Even if the teens find it small, afterall they are on a cruise!

Be sure to:

1. Go to Le Bistro, order both the Chocolate Fondue and Cheesecake and dip the cheesecake in the chocolate.

2. Have the soft pretzels in the Bier Garten.

3. Do go to the barbeque poolside.

4. Don't forget Blue Lagoon, the teens will love it.

5. Enjoy the poolslide, yes even the adults!

6. Get in the pool on sea days, it's a blast.

7. If you go to Ginza, say "hi" to Eby from his Minnesota friends.

Archived