Adult Pool on Dream?

adelchamps

Hi! Quick question.......I know serenity is adults only, but is the aft pool adults only? Also I would assume more children will be at the pool in middle, is this usually true?

I am cruising May 21st, 2011 on the eastern itinarary.

Thank You.

April

Yes - aft pools are adult only, and the age restriction is heavily enforced.

Are you sure about that? I don't think that's the case on the Dream. However, my understanding is that the rear pool is heavily skewed toward the older crowd because it's a little less active towards the back of the boat, whereas the middle pool is right by the water slide and the movie screen.

We were on the Dream in April, and I saw several kids in the aft pool, and I never saw any sign saying that it was adults only. Maybe I was just missing the sign, but if it was, nothing was being enforced. Still, most of the kids hang out at the center pool & waterslides. Whatever the case, don't let a few kids hanging around ruin your fun.

Thanks for all the responses. I am on a cruise for a wedding and most of our cabins are at the back, so we woukd most likely use aft pool anyways. I almost always prefer the aft pool bc I do not like feeling enclosed so I am not as comfortable at center pool. I was going to suggest our group meet at the aft pool first sea day and i wanted to make sure I had all info correct before I send out e-mail. If anyone knows for sure wether aft is adults only please let me know. I will just send "invitation" to others in group without that info.

Another question. How crowded has the aft pool been on sea days. Our group of 12 will probably only use 6 or so chairs (couples can share). I saw on a couple of pictures one deck up from aft pool a little area overlooking aft pool. Are there chairs there. That area would be perfect.

April

We sailed on the Dream. The adult pool was full of children. The staff did not enforce any restrictions and the parents used all pools, with their children, as the childrens was so crowded. Needless to say we did not use the pools as children were jumping in etc.. Parents are the real problem not following rules and think becuase they paid for a cruise they and their children can do whatever they want and whenever. They have no consideration for others who do not have children or care to teach their children there are rules in life. (Note: There are good parents but the one's not following the rules are what I am talking about).

We sailed on the Dream. The adult pool was full of children. The staff did not enforce any restrictions and the parents used all pools, with their children, as the childrens was so crowded. Needless to say we did not use the pools as children were jumping in etc.. Parents are the real problem not following rules and think becuase they paid for a cruise they and their children can do whatever they want and whenever. They have no consideration for others who do not have children or care to teach their children there are rules in life. (Note: There are good parents but the one's not following the rules are what I am talking about).

See, you're confused. The parents weren't doing anything wrong (at least in terms of letting their kids back there). On some boats, yes, the aft pool is adults only, but on the Dream that is not the case. If you want an adults area, it's called Serenity and it's at the front of the ship - except that there is no pool.

There is not enough pool space on the Dream anyway!!!Two pools are not enough for 4000 people...They are both very crowded most of the time!!!!Since the front of the ship is all serenity area, the back pool is open to children!!!They have to have somewhere to run and play!!!I think that there might have been a whirlpool in the Serenity area...However, since I had my children with me most of the time, I never set foot in there!!!

It's very disappointing to hear that there is not an adults-only pool on the Dream-class ships, whether aft or not. This seems like a very poor design choice, even given the Serenity area. There are times I don't feel like using a hot tub to immerse myself but also not having a group of loud, rowdy children to deal with. I wonder why Carnival opted for this. Ah, well, with any luck, there will be virtually no children on the Magic's maiden transatlantic trip....

Thanks for all the responses. I am on a cruise for a wedding and most of our cabins are at the back, so we woukd most likely use aft pool anyways. I almost always prefer the aft pool bc I do not like feeling enclosed so I am not as comfortable at center pool. I was going to suggest our group meet at the aft pool first sea day and i wanted to make sure I had all info correct before I send out e-mail. If anyone knows for sure wether aft is adults only please let me know. I will just send "invitation" to others in group without that info.

Another question. How crowded has the aft pool been on sea days. Our group of 12 will probably only use 6 or so chairs (couples can share). I saw on a couple of pictures one deck up from aft pool a little area overlooking aft pool. Are there chairs there. That area would be perfect.

April

Hi! The aft pool is NOT adults only. The thelosso pool in the Cloud 9 Spa is (age 16+ I think), but there's also a fee to use it unless you're in a spa cabin.

As for the crowds, we thought the aft pool would be less crowded on sea days, but we were WRONG! The least crowded pool turned out to be the one in front of the seaside theater, and that one had quite a few people around it.

There are plenty of loungers available around all the pool areas, though. I'm just not sure you'll be able to find 6 empty ones together. As for the deck above the Lido deck, yes there are chairs there, but if I recall correctly, they are around the seaside theater pool, and are upright chairs around tables (not loungers). I don't think there is anything but a bench overlooking the aft pool.

Have a great cruise!

Carnival needs to realize and understand that there are a lot of passengers on their ships who would really like and appreciate an adult only pool (without an extra fee if what you say on the Dream is true.) Since Carnival markets themselves to singles and childless couples (as well as families), they need to live up to the marketing and provide an area where adults can relax and swim WITHOUT kids and families! Is it really that hard and too much to ask?

Yes - aft pools are adult only, and the age restriction is heavily enforced.

"Heavily Enforced", not from what we have seen on some of our past cruises. Definately not what a lot of people have post here in the past. I can remember whole thread about kids in the adult pool. It normally isn't a problem, but it does happen. I have read about people going in the pool with a drink and when security comes over to tell them they can't drink in the pool. They say well while your here can you tell the kids this is an adults only pool. Simply because security wasn't enforce the rules.

Archived