Best place on Orient Beach....

SoCal09

We usually just hang out down by Pedro's and "self-provision", i.e. we bring our own drinks and food.

As I've suggested before, just start at Pedro's and walk the beach to the North and check the chairs and menus until you find something that looks right for your tastes. There are plenty of choices.

I'm kind of blown away by how many cruisers seem so obsessed about finding the 'perfect' spot.

The spot that we are going to visit next trip is http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/gtaylor/Orient/DSCN6284.jpg[/img]"]Orange Fever, if it's still in operation.

th_DSCN6284.jpg

(click)

Things do change.

gary

We just went to Orient Beach on our cruise last week. We were dropped off at the Bikini Beach area, which I felt was a little nicer/more upscale than the Pedro Beach area.

Bikini Beach also more expensive.....and lots more crowded when the fleets in.:D

I am planning on going to the Club Orient end. Can you rent chairs there, and if so how much? Also, what is the options for food and drink?

Two chairs and one umbrella are $18. During the winter peak time, they may sell out by 10am. Just select chairs without current tags on them (reserved for those staying at the resort) and the beach boys will find you. Another option would be chairs rented by Pedro's that are right next to the Club Orient area - but I don't know the price. Lunch may be available at the Club O beach bar, the Perch, if they have the grill running. They have a two for one drink special at 2:30 for an hour.

They have a sit down restaurant (please use a towel) called Papagyos on the south end of the beach. We sometimes share a fish sandwich and each get a small salad for about $20 with a beer & coke. Many visitors go up the beach to have lunch at one of the many places.

Check out the Club Orient (.com) site for more details. Of course the website, just like the resort, is clothing optional.

Two chairs and one umbrella are $18. During the winter peak time, they may sell out by 10am. Just select chairs without current tags on them (reserved for those staying at the resort) and the beach boys will find you. Another option would be chairs rented by Pedro's that are right next to the Club Orient area - but I don't know the price. Lunch may be available at the Club O beach bar, the Perch, if they have the grill running. They have a two for one drink special at 2:30 for an hour.

They have a sit down restaurant (please use a towel) called Papagyos on the south end of the beach. We sometimes share a fish sandwich and each get a small salad for about $20 with a beer & coke. Many visitors go up the beach to have lunch at one of the many places.

Check out the Club Orient (.com) site for more details. Of course the website, just like the resort, is clothing optional.

We have eaten at Papagyos a couple of times and aside from the novelty of being in a restaurant where most people are naked or close to it, have little really good to say about it. The food is so-so and not that cheap for what you are getting and the service is slow.

If you are sitting on the Club O beach, throw some shorts or a suit on and mosey over the rocks to Pedros, Andy and Cheryl's (Baywatch) or a few other places right near the boundary, better food and service.

Just back from Orient. We got a chair at Bikini beach ($7) and walked down just a bit to KaKAo for lunch. It didn't look like much from the beach but it was nice and the food was fantastic. We had a tomato and mozz salad, calamari (one of the best that I have ever had), and pizza. It was expensive as is all food in St. Maarten!

Just back from Orient. We got a chair at Bikini beach ($7) and walked down just a bit to KaKAo for lunch. It didn't look like much from the beach but it was nice and the food was fantastic. We had a tomato and mozz salad, calamari (one of the best that I have ever had), and pizza. It was expensive as is all food in St. Maarten![/quote]

Not true. There are MANY options for inexpensive food on the Island, including on Orient Beach.

gary

That may be true, but during my week stay I did not find that to be the case. The food was much more expensive then what I am used to at home, but it was all of great quality!

Yes, please tell us where you dined. You can eat very, very inexpensively at St. Maarten if you do a little looking.

Orange Fever ! We were there in June and for the price you cannot beat it. See above posters picture of menu board. The grouper was great and the cheeseburgers came with enough fries to feed 4. They have a private bathroom for those who rent chairs from them. There seemed to be a lot of people coming for the food/bar. Get there early for prime beach spot up front:eek:

Archived