Carnival liberty

dstone

I know, sometimes, the ships have a special nite (not formal) that they promote, ie NCL has a Hot White Night. Is there something like this on the 6 night Carnival Liberty? Just want to spread the word to the other 16 passengers in our group.

It might be up to the CD. I was on the Liberty twice in the last 6 months, and they did Color Wars, which was this one night when you wore your team colors and meet in different lounges to earn points for your team, and it concludes with a giant deck party on Lido. You'll hear varying opinions of Color Wars, some like it, some don't. You get assigned your team based on what deck you live on, floors 1 and 2 are red, 6 and 7 are white, and 8 and above are blue.

Personally, I enjoy Color Wars and I think it's fun earning points throughout the cruise. Other people cant stand it. I went on the Glory right after the Liberty, and there was no Color Wars. So I think whether they do it or not is up to the discretion of the CD.

I was on Liberty in 2007 and I remember the color wars, but wasn't an active participant. Although it was fun watching adults act like they were at Summer Camp, lol!!

So def include something red, white and/or blue so you'll have your color on hand.

Have fun! The Liberty is a beautiful ship!

No, just the elegant and resort casual for the MDR. I will say you will love the Liberty. My wife and I sail on her in 2007, and will again in 2011. We love all the ship, but this will be our first time sailing a ship the second time. We even booked the same cabin. We have friend who just sail on the Liberty a couple of months ago and they loved it also.

We just got off the Liberty yesterday. The Color Wars were great fun (Go team blue!!). Thoughout the cruise when people win things they give points for your color group and then have the final Color War night roaming from lounge to lounge doing karaoke, dancing, all kinds of fun things. All ages participated. They painted our faces with stripes (if you wanted), we drank blue drinks. It was fun to see so many people participating.

simmy

We recently sailed on the Liberty (7/3 to 7/10/2010) and they had a few special nights. Color Wars and Mardi Gras. I didn't participate in either but Mardi Gras seemed to attract a lot of attention including decorating the cabin doors and ending in a big parade complete with bead tossing.

I know, sometimes, the ships have a special nite (not formal) that they promote, ie NCL has a Hot White Night. Is there something like this on the 6 night Carnival Liberty? Just want to spread the word to the other 16 passengers in our group.

No, Carnival doesnt have any night where you are asked wear specific theme clothing. The Hot White Nights are fun on NCL. At times they will have a Bathrobe and Beer night, but never had that one any of my 4 cruises on Liberty.

Archived