Cab fare from Raddison at Port Canaveral :)

I don't know how much a taxi would be because we took the 11:30 shuttle, but it can't be too much. You can see the ship from the hotel. Have a wonderful time!

Thank you :) What time did you get to board leaving at 11:30?

We have stayed at the Radisson a couple of times. We always got the first shuttle which left around 10 and by 11 we were checked in and waiting to go on the ship. The last time the shuttles were booked until 11:30 so we found another family of 4 so for 8 of us it came to about $40 which was well worth it so we could leave when we wanted to leave. On a side note, if you can, book the suite with the jacuzzi tub. Well worth the money!!!

We have stayed at the Radisson a couple of times. We always got the first shuttle which left around 10 and by 11 we were checked in and waiting to go on the ship. The last time the shuttles were booked until 11:30 so we found another family of 4 so for 8 of us it came to about $40 which was well worth it so we could leave when we wanted to leave. On a side note, if you can, book the suite with the jacuzzi tub. Well worth the money!!!

DH was thinking about doing the room with the jacuzzi tub but is it just a bathtub with jets? I don't think we want to pay extra just for a regular tub with jets but a small hot tub would be definitely worth the expense!

We're using the rental car shuttle instead of the Radisson's shuttle. That way we can go when we want.

~Lisa :p

Thank you :) What time did you get to board leaving at 11:30?

It took about 5 minutes to the port, 5 more to get bags unloaded and get in the security line. They were only using one side because some kid thought it would be fun to use pepper spray in the area just before security.

They had to air it out. Once we got thru security things went very quickly and we were onboard a little after 12. I was told that 11:30 was the first shuttle. It may have just been the first shuttle availble when I called. Apparently there are earlier shuttles, but I must not have called early enough.

It took about 5 minutes to the port, 5 more to get bags unloaded and get in the security line. They were only using one side because some kid thought it would be fun to use pepper spray in the area just before security.

They had to air it out. Once we got thru security things went very quickly and we were onboard a little after 12. I was told that 11:30 was the first shuttle. It may have just been the first shuttle availble when I called. Apparently there are earlier shuttles, but I must not have called early enough.

I actually called them about 3 months ago to check on the schedule and was told 11:30 :( I called last week to see if there was a cancellation for an earlier shuttle and the girl at front desk said they don't run one earlier than 11:30 for Royal... She said some other cruise lines have earlier shuttles but Royal doesn't :(

We always use a taxi from the Raddisson instead of waiting for the shuttle. We like to leave early and have found it to be much easier. In May of this year we did the same and it was $12 for up to 4 people. We didn't call a taxi service, but asked the front desk to call for us and it took about 2 minutes for someone to arrive. We like leaving the hotel around 9:30 and the only available spots on the shuttle were much later in the afternoon. By the time we were situated at the port and in line, I think it was 10:00. They started opening the doors early, so we were happy. Afterall, it is your first cruise day, might as well take advantage of it! Have a great cruise.

Archived