Celebrity announces Australian itineraries

C 2 C

I've been waiting for the announcement and interested for the repositioning too. Spring time is my favourite and comparing with Royal, I think that the Rhapsody of the seas repositioning offers more and interesting ports of call for the same nigths and similar price.

I've been waiting for the announcement and interested for the repositioning too. Spring time is my favourite and comparing with Royal, I think that the Rhapsody of the seas repositioning offers more and interesting ports of call for the same nigths and similar price.

Although I mentioned fall as being September, it is actually spring in Australia when we arrive there. Additionally, on westbound Hawaii to Sydney, you gain sleeping hours instead of losing them. That seems to be the same reason we always take westbound transatlantic cruises. Also, when they recently introduced Radiance for an Australian itinerary, they included New Zealand, which the Rhapsody skips right over. After comparing Rhapsody to Radiance, it seems the latter has better reviews regarding the condition of the ship itself. Although I have heard that Rhapsody will be refurbed in 2012? All-in-all, we decided to go with Radiance even though we have to wait another year before it sails.

By the way, we will be in your neck of the woods next month when we sail Century in the Med....our first trip to Italy and we are very excited. We've decided to take the train into Rome and skip the ship's excursion. Any suggestions, much appreciated.

Good luck with your choices...happy cruising...Joanne

My TA put a courtesy hold on the Nov. 11 and Nov. 30 sailings. She said the cruises aren't even "in the system" yet, and there's no info on the B2B discount. I have no doubt that it will eventually get straightened out, I just wanted an early hold to ensure the same cabin on both sailings. I suppose also that the prices will drop over time - hope I'm not deluding myself with that!

If you are considering RCCL, I would personally avoid Rhapsody. I was not on her, but on one of that Vision class, which was Splendour, and I would not go on that class of ship again. I have also been on Radiance twice. Radiance is a much, much nicer ship. Splendour was, in my opinion, the worst ship I personally have ever been on.

I also like Century, and in my opinion, food and service are better on Celebrity. One nice thing, especially for a long voyage where you tend to eat too much, is the spa cafe which has very good and healthy food in a small and appealing environment. We had breakfst and lunch there almost every day when we were on Century. And speaking of eating too much, we could not resist the chocolate croissants in the Cova Cafe.

We are now booked on the 28 day Sapphire Princess LA to Tahiti to LA, but I am kind of considering the Century reposition to or from Sydney as an alternative, as that is also very appealing and we have not been to Australia. The "con" for us here is that a lot of flying is involved, and the Sapphire involves no flying for us.

Ellie

As someone who does not love flying but does love Australia (so far we've only seen Tasmania, Sydney and Melbourne, I highly recommend them all), I would encourage you to stay for at least a few days. Sydney is beautiful and amazing and I would hope for the cost of a return cruise you could at least fly home in premium economy (we did this on V Australia and found it to be as comfortable as you can be w/o a flat bed).

• 2 weeks later...

Qantas (QF) now offers Premium Economy class seats on all its direct Pacific services in both A-380 and B-747 aircraft . You can fly Melbourne - LAX, or Sydney - LAX direct daily . Also Sydney - SFO with B-747 3 days per week direct .

Archived