Celebrity announces Australian itineraries

C 2 C

I'm glad to hear that Celebrity is going to again try Australia. We had a great cruise on Millenium in Dec 2008 to Aus/NZ. Since we relocated to Macao, we're always looking for cruises in Asia and the Pacific. In March we sailed on Legend of the Seas and also had a great time. Legend is in tremendous shape for an older ship. I wouldn't hesitate to travel on her again.;)

Fall transpacific is now on line:

18 Night Pacific Jewels Cruise on board Celebrity Century spacer.gif

Destination:Australia/New Zealand. Cruise Ports:Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii, Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii, Papeete, Tahiti French Poly, Moorea, French Polynesia, Raiatea, French Polynesia, Bora Bora, French Polynesia, International Dateline, Sydney, Australia 2011 Departure Dates: Nov 11 spacer.gif

I would love to do ANY of these 18 night itineraries and would be thrilled to redo the classic Australia-NZ itineraries on Celebrity (though Century was our least impressive experience with X). Sadly, DH just started a new job and will be unlikely to be able to take more than 12 days off at any time in the next couple years-- which doesn't leave much time for travel to/from Australia. I'm seriously thinking about trying to join the ship in Tahiti... but the pricing would have to be pretty favorable to justify paying 1.5 days for each day we're on the ship. ;)

One other quick question: I note that the initial cruise in the series goes from Ensenada to Hawaii. Has anybody departed from Ensenada before? I know the CA/Mexican border is supposed to be particularly dangerous at the moment-- how does one get to the port?

• Nov 11, 2011: 18 Night Pacific Jewels Cruise on board Celebrity Century; Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii, Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii, Papeete, Tahiti French Poly, Moorea, French Polynesia, Raiatea, French Polynesia, Bora Bora, French Polynesia, International Dateline, Sydney, Australia

• Nov 30, 2011: 12 Night New Zealand Cruise on board Celebrity Century spacer.gif Destination: Australia/New Zealand. Cruise Ports: Sydney, Australia, Hobart, Tasmania, Milford Sound, New Zealand, Doubtful Sound, Dusky Sound, Dunedin, New Zealand, Christchurch, New Zealand, Wellington, New Zealand, Napier, New Zealand, Tauranga,New Zealand, Bay Of Islands, New Zealand, Auckland, New Zealand

• Dec 12, 2011: Night New Zealand Cruise on board Celebrity Century Australia/New Zealand. Cruise Ports: Auckland, New Zealand, Bay Of Islands, New Zealand, Tauranga,New Zealand, Napier, New Zealand, Wellington, New Zealand, Christchurch, New Zealand, Dunedin, New Zealand, Dusky Sound, Doubtful Sound, Milford Sound, New Zealand, Melbourne, Australia, Sydney, Australia

• Dec 24, 2011: Holiday Sailing (my entry)

• Jan 06, 2012: 12 Night New Zealand Cruise on board Celebrity Century spacer.gif
    Australia/New Zealand. Cruise Ports: Auckland, New Zealand, Bay Of Islands, New Zealand, Tauranga,New Zealand, Napier, New Zealand, Wellington, New Zealand, Christchurch, New Zealand, Dunedin, New Zealand, Dusky Sound, Doubtful Sound, Milford Sound, New Zealand, Melbourne, Australia, Sydney, Australia

• Jan 18, 2012: 12 Night New Zealand Cruise on board Celebrity Century spacer.gif
    Cruise Ports: Sydney, Australia, Hobart, Tasmania, Milford Sound, New Zealand, Doubtful Sound, Dusky Sound, Dunedin, New Zealand, Christchurch, New Zealand, Wellington, New Zealand, Napier, New Zealand, Tauranga,New Zealand, Bay Of Islands, New Zealand, Auckland, New Zealand

• Jan 30, 2012: 18 Night Bottom End Cruise on board Celebrity Century Cruise Ports:Auckland, New Zealand, Tauranga,New Zealand, Christchurch, New Zealand, Dunedin, New Zealand, Dusky Sound, Doubtful Sound, Milford Sound, New Zealand, Sydney, Australia, Melbourne, Australia, Adelaide, Australia, Albany, Australia, Bunbury, Australia, Perth (Fremantle), Australia

• Feb 17, 2012: 18 Night TBA 18-night sailing around Australia's northern coast, and features a visit to the idyllic island of Bali, Indonesia
  • ?? Mar. 2012: 18-Night TBA Trans-Pacific voyage visiting the French Polynesian islands and Hawaii. ??

I am truly SORRY that Celebrity has decided to remove their ships from the Baltimore port.:mad: My wife and I were planning on sailing from Baltimore on Celebrity as we do with R.C.C.L. Please bring back one of your ships. Thanks in advance.

Charles/Joy

I am truly SORRY that Celebrity has decided to remove their ships from the Baltimore port.:mad: My wife and I were planning on sailing from Baltimore on Celebrity as we do with R.C.C.L. Please bring back one of your ships. Thanks in advance.

Charles/Joy

Unfortunately I think not enough people from the area wanted to join you. The prices charged for Mercury out of Blatimore are the lowest for any Celebrity itinerary. Celebrity is moving Century (or all their ships) to where the execs think the most money is to be made. I love Century and hope to have the opportunity to sail her around Australia (if the fares are reasonable).

• Nov 11, 2011: 18 Night Pacific Jewels Cruise on board Celebrity Century; Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii, Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii, Papeete, Tahiti French Poly, Moorea, French Polynesia, Raiatea, French Polynesia, Bora Bora, French Polynesia, International Dateline, Sydney, Australia

• Nov 30, 2011: 12 Night New Zealand Cruise on board Celebrity Century spacer.gif Destination: Australia/New Zealand. Cruise Ports: Sydney, Australia, Hobart, Tasmania, Milford Sound, New Zealand, Doubtful Sound, Dusky Sound, Dunedin, New Zealand, Christchurch, New Zealand, Wellington, New Zealand, Napier, New Zealand, Tauranga,New Zealand, Bay Of Islands, New Zealand, Auckland, New Zealand

• Dec 12, 2011: Night New Zealand Cruise on board Celebrity Century Australia/New Zealand. Cruise Ports: Auckland, New Zealand, Bay Of Islands, New Zealand, Tauranga,New Zealand, Napier, New Zealand, Wellington, New Zealand, Christchurch, New Zealand, Dunedin, New Zealand, Dusky Sound, Doubtful Sound, Milford Sound, New Zealand, Melbourne, Australia, Sydney, Australia

• Dec 24, 2011: Holiday Sailing (my entry)

• Jan 06, 2012: 12 Night New Zealand Cruise on board Celebrity Century spacer.gif
    Australia/New Zealand. Cruise Ports: Auckland, New Zealand, Bay Of Islands, New Zealand, Tauranga,New Zealand, Napier, New Zealand, Wellington, New Zealand, Christchurch, New Zealand, Dunedin, New Zealand, Dusky Sound, Doubtful Sound, Milford Sound, New Zealand, Melbourne, Australia, Sydney, Australia

• Jan 18, 2012: 12 Night New Zealand Cruise on board Celebrity Century spacer.gif
    Cruise Ports: Sydney, Australia, Hobart, Tasmania, Milford Sound, New Zealand, Doubtful Sound, Dusky Sound, Dunedin, New Zealand, Christchurch, New Zealand, Wellington, New Zealand, Napier, New Zealand, Tauranga,New Zealand, Bay Of Islands, New Zealand, Auckland, New Zealand

• Jan 30, 2012: 18 Night Bottom End Cruise on board Celebrity Century Cruise Ports:Auckland, New Zealand, Tauranga,New Zealand, Christchurch, New Zealand, Dunedin, New Zealand, Dusky Sound, Doubtful Sound, Milford Sound, New Zealand, Sydney, Australia, Melbourne, Australia, Adelaide, Australia, Albany, Australia, Bunbury, Australia, Perth (Fremantle), Australia

• Feb 17, 2012: 18 Night TBA 18-night Top End Cruise, Perth, Geraldon, Broome, Bali Indonesia, Darwin Australia, Cairns, Brisbane, Sydney

• Mar. 06, 2012: 18-Night TBA Pacific Jewels Cruise: Sydney, Australia, Papeete, Tahiti French Poly, Moorea, French Polynesia, Raiatea, French Polynesia, Bora Bora, French Polynesia, Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii,Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii.

As much as I like cruising on Celebrity and the itins sound exciting this is yet another slap in the face by Celebrity to cruisers and the ports (Baltimore and Chatleston) they have contracted to. Celebrity has pulled this type of move in Tampa twice with both the Zenith and the Horizon...

I am now glad I changed my mind on cruising with them out of Charleston.:(:(

So excited that another ship is coming to Australia. Looks like fantastic itineraries - will definitely be going on one if the price is right!!!! Australia needs all the competition it can get for cruises and we would love to welcome our US friends to our country. We are shortly off for 3 cruises in the States - so only fair that you come here and see our diverse country too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure I would say the price was right, but so far, I've booked it! I don't even need to make the deposit until August 5th, lol.

The rates aren't even on Celebrity's web site yet. I predict they'll show up later today.

I thought you'd like to know, Marrumba. I think your bookings open up when you wake up tomorrow a.m. (which perhaps is why the prices aren't on the web yet??).

--May

The rates aren't even on Celebrity's web site yet. I predict they'll show up later today.

--May

So I can assume that the SOLD OUT that I see in every catgegory on every cruise is a placeholder? Seems a bit silly; why not use TBD or "Coming soon"? And why, if this has been planned for weeks, are the prices not ready yet? Sounds rather slapdash to me.

So I can assume that the SOLD OUT that I see in every catgegory on every cruise is a placeholder? Seems a bit silly; why not use TBD or "Coming soon"? And why, if this has been planned for weeks, are the prices not ready yet? Sounds rather slapdash to me.

I just called Celebrity:

Ship: Celebrity Century

Sail Date: 11/11/11

Number of Nights and Itinerary: 18 Night Pacific Jewels Cruise

Number of Guests: 2

Stateroom Category: 07

Guest : Gateway: City/Airport

Guest 1 : Cruise Only

Guest 2 : Cruise Only

Total Stateroom Price: $4838.30

May B - congratulations, I like fast thinkers. Saw the other entry about Level 7 price and I think it is a tad expensive; but I don't know what level 7 is. Personally, I only like to pay about $100 per day per person, anymore and I start to question - but that's just me, I like to travel and are prepared to give up glamour for this if I need to.

I see you are from Florida. I am going to Florida on our last cruise in October. Really looking forward to seeing a shuttle (which I believe is on the "blocks" at the moment).

We have a courtesy hold on a SV on two sailings - Sydney to Hawaii followed by Hawaii to Ensenada. Pricing is somewhat high...

We already have booked almost the same itin on Radiance of the Seas for April 2012 and it is about 1000.00 cheaper for an aft balcony (D2).

Guess we will have to figure out which ship we really want to be on.

Claudia and Rod

We have a courtesy hold on a SV on two sailings - Sydney to Hawaii followed by Hawaii to Ensenada. Pricing is somewhat high...

We already have booked almost the same itin on Radiance of the Seas for April 2012 and it is about 1000.00 cheaper for an aft balcony (D2).

Guess we will have to figure out which ship we really want to be on.

Claudia and Rod

I called Celebrity Captains Club just this morning on the Sydney to Hawaii itinerary for March 6, 2012 sailing and they told me it is not open for booking yet. Is this the date of the sailing that you ahve on hold for?

I just booked both the March 6, 2012 and the March 23, 2012 Century sailings directly with Celebrity...I did not do it thru Capt Club.

Claudia

Did you get the B2B discount that the stockholder announcement referred to? Dont know how much it is supposed to be but everyone is saying the Celebrity sales agents know nothing about it.

Thanks.

Did you get the B2B discount that the stockholder announcement referred to? Dont know how much it is supposed to be but everyone is saying the Celebrity sales agents know nothing about it.

Thanks.

"I know nothing"

Schultz is a basically good-hearted man who, when confronted by evidence of the prisoners' covert activities, will simply look the other way, repeating "I hear nothing, I see nothing, I know nothing!" (or, more commonly as the series went on, simply "I know nothing–NOTHING!") to avoid being blamed for allowing things to have gotten as far as they already had -

Unbelievable event just took place...

I called 1-800-437-3111

"Daniel" at Celebrity/RCI explained:

I booked a B2B2B yesterday using a "passages" booking:

A back to Back credit is available only if you book between now and the end of the year and it is combinable with another OBC BUT, since I paid for my future booking through a "passages" prior to yesterday, it is not usable for the B2B promotion. So I have to cancel all my bookings and wait to sail before booking again...

what a crock~!!! of $***.

I expect them finally to know about it when we call back. It has arrived by email to travel agents. I agree with cruisestitch that we should keep calling back.

The B2B discount isn't much. For the 18-day, it's $200 (and wasn't clear whether that's per cabin or per passenger) per cruise.

On the Celebrity website they are again displaying the Captain's Club Message:

But the new Captain’s Club is just getting started! Over the course of 2009 we’ll be adding more features and benefits – making the new Captain’s Club one of the most compelling programs at sea. We’ll be sharing more exciting news and information about other new Captain’s Club program features and benefits later this year. Be the first to know by providing us with your email address. To do so, click on the email sign-up link at the top of the page and complete the information. We'll send you updates on new program information as it becomes available.

I'm always disappointed when X promises more than they deliver.....

TommyD3 - No, the Celebrity agent said nothing about OBC for a back-to-back. First time I heard anything about it was yesterday on this board.

I've emailed my agent asking her to check into it as I had Celebrity release our bookings to her right after I booked the 2 sailings...

Claudia

After much consideration, I think that Royal has a better option for down under cruises for us. I've been waiting for the announcement and then the itinerary, and then the pricing to come out (its like pulling teeth)Still like the offerings of RCCL for this particular cruise. Only interested in the repositioning cruise through Tahiti, so my choices were very limited to twice a year on two, until now, three ships. Good luck with your bookings and choices of itineraries...we will be booking Radiance for next September while on board Century this September.

Happy cruising.....Joanne

Archived