Carnival Triumph 7/19/2010 Review with Pictures!

Britbrie

Cool pics and nice review. I will be sailing on the Triumph in August and you gave me a nice preview of what to expect. Your DF seems like a seafood fan and I will probably order the same as him.

Thanks! He LOVES seafood and steak. haha. Have a great trip!

Is this a picture of the ceiling? It looks like Antarctica.

Yeah, it's a picture of the ceiling coming out of the dining room. I just thought it was a cool picture so I included it! haha. Thanks for reading!

what a great review.. Loved reading it ALL and seeing all your great pictures.. Thank you so much for taking the time...... Will be on the Triumph Aug. 21st so this review for some great reading for me!

Thanks for your review. It's been just over 3 years since I last cruised and I'm looking forward to experiencing the same 5 day itinerary as you on August 7. I'll probably see Carnival Estasy also docked at the Puerta Maya pier as she is also doing the same 5 day cruise and hopefully I can update my Carnival Ecstasy picture on Wikipedia.

I've also been to Playa Mia twice (2003 and 2005) and I notice that the concrete columns with the rebar sticking out are still there. Here's a picture of what it originally looked like in 2003.

DSC05050-vi.jpg

and 3 weeks after Hurricane Emily in August 2005

DSC02356-vi.jpg

http://public.fotki.com/apjung/vacations/2005/carnival_sensation/3/dsc02356.html

I like the idea of taking pictures of your meal. I only did that for my first cruise in 2003 and that was just the lobster tail entree from the formal night. I've never really tried going to the MDR for breakfast or lunch. I did it just once for Breakfast on Carnival Fantasy in 2007 but most of the stuff I could have gotten on the Lido Deck restaurant. Going off topic I really only take pictures of my airline meal.

What a great review! My first cruise was on the Triumph, in February. I loved it. I wish I had taken more pictures. I'm thinking of booking again soon. One of my favorite activities was latin dancing in the Oxford Bar. Can you tell me if Tropical Dance was still playing in there?

What a great review! My first cruise was on the Triumph, in February. I loved it. I wish I had taken more pictures. I'm thinking of booking again soon. One of my favorite activities was latin dancing in the Oxford Bar. Can you tell me if Tropical Dance was still playing in there?

They had Island Music in the Oxford Bar... I'm not sure if thats what you are talking about or not. It was a couple from the islands... they did pretty good.

Thanks for reading!

Thanks so much! We are going in January and super excited! You don't happen to have the capers by any chance do you?

I do. I will add them to the review later today. They are kind of bent, but it'll be okay. haha.

The Fun Shops were advertising a liquor sale going on (sorry it's blurry, it was taken through a window):

DSCN0809.jpg

Just wondering..... these prices were for good on the first day aboard the ship?? 4 bottles of absolute for $45? Do you remember what size bottles they were? Bon Voyage sells them for $40 each for a 1 lt bottle. This seems like the way to go, if they are 1 liter bottles - just don't think I could drink THAT much alcohol!! :p I'd have to find someone who wanted a couple of bottles too....lol

Thanks for any info you can give on this.... we're leaving out in 3 1/2 weeks for our first cruise, so this is all new to us!!

Loved the review!! :D

Just wondering..... these prices were for good on the first day aboard the ship?? 4 bottles of absolute for $45? Do you remember what size bottles they were? Bon Voyage sells them for $40 each for a 1 lt bottle. This seems like the way to go, if they are 1 liter bottles - just don't think I could drink THAT much alcohol!! :p I'd have to find someone who wanted a couple of bottles too....lol

Thanks for any info you can give on this.... we're leaving out in 3 1/2 weeks for our first cruise, so this is all new to us!!

Loved the review!! :D

The Fun shops don't open until like 6 pm on the first sea day, and if you purchase alcohol, they keep it until the last night of the cruise.

If you order through Bon Voyage, you get it delivered to your room on the first day... so you have it during the cruise. either way they sell 1 liter bottles.

I hope you have a great cruise!!! Thanks for reading!

To address the rebar sticking out of concrete. It is my understanding that in Mexico if the building is left unfinished then the taxes don't start on it. This may be why so many buildings are in an unfinished state.

thanks for the info on the alcohol..... sucks that they hold it til the last night!! :( -- it is good prices tho.....

we were hoping to buy it that way vs bon voyage which is pricey....

crazy policy.....:rolleyes:

thanks again for all the great info!!

Love the pics. Do you have any more of your cabin? Especially ones that would show the size? Was it more rectangular or square? Would there be room for an electric cart to park at night?

Thanks, elizabeth

Archived