Excursions in San Juan?

hunniebee724

We'll be in San Juan from 3 p.m. to 11:59 p.m. on a Sunday. The only excursion showing online is horseback riding, from 3 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. It's a Carnival excursion, so I'm assuming they will wait for everyone to get off the ship since we get in at 3 p.m.?

Will any more excursions be added when we board the the ship? I checked the San Juan section but only found non-Carnival sponsored excursions or excursions that weren't listed when I sign onto my Carnival account.

Thanks! This is our first cruise, and I don't know what I would do without Cruise Critic!

We'll be in San Juan from 3 p.m. to 11:59 p.m. on a Sunday. The only excursion showing online is horseback riding, from 3 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. It's a Carnival excursion, so I'm assuming they will wait for everyone to get off the ship since we get in at 3 p.m.?

Will any more excursions be added when we board the the ship? I checked the San Juan section but only found non-Carnival sponsored excursions or excursions that weren't listed when I sign onto my Carnival account.

Thanks! This is our first cruise, and I don't know what I would do without Cruise Critic!

Dont do any excursion get off that ship and explore Old San Juan there is more than enough to do for the time you are there. We loved old San Juan

There is also a free trolley that brings you around the sights and to the forts ask around on the boards of google it I forget the name of it and my computer crashed so i lost all my saved info.

Its a beautiful city

I have been there several times during those hours. IMHO, it's a waste of a port stop. Yes, walk around, yes, visit the forts. You may wish to see if the Bio-Bay excursion is available where you kayak to a luminescent bay. It is absolutely beautiful, but VERY strenuous. If you have ANY back problem at all, don't go. I went, fortunately my friend was able to row the kayak by himself. I was in agony the entire excursion. But beauty? Nothing compared with that excursion.

Not much else to do. Be careful, not a safe area at night.

Try taking a taxi tour. The taxi drivers are right there as you exit the port. We absolutely enjoyed our tour. It was nice because it was personalized for us. I think we negotiated 20.00 per person for a two hour tour, which was plenty of time to see thngs. (In 2007) I'm not sure what we'll pay this next trip, but we'll hire a taxi again.

I too would recommend kayaking in the bio bay in Fajardo. I wasn't on a cruise out there but I did many things while out on the island and that experience is simply unforgettable. Try to go as late at night as you can so it's dark enough but can still get back to the ship in time.

Take the segway tour....it's awesome and really easy to learn! I think if you google Jose and segways San Juan, you'll find it. Loads of fun....and make sure you have a pina colada or two.

I saw the segway tour on the San Juan board, but I have vasovagal syncope, and I don't know if my blood pressure will stay stable enough to do it. Are you on the segway for the entire tour, or do you get on and off? I'd be ok if I could get off and on....it's just the standing in one place that causes my blood pressure to drop.

We did get on and off, and I'm sure Jose would plan stops for you if you're not feeling well. We did the trip in the evening, I believe it was 6 p.m., and lasted perhaps an hour and half. We 'parked' the segways at the fort and walked for fifteen minutes or so, and at each photo op were able to step down and take a minute or two for pictures.

Good luck....it's a really fun excursion! We're going to DC next month and have signed up to do a 'monuments on a segway at night'.

Archived