Man overboard on liberty this morning

jlc22043

Hi Decca,

It was a horrible thing to witness. I did talk to many crew members about it but nobody ever interviewed me regarding the incident... I was in Suite 7315. I was mid-ship and had full view of EVERYTHING... I also noticed that nobody was working on him in the rescue boat... I thought it was strange that they weren't even attempting CPR or anything for that matter... I pray that he is alright - but, deep down I fear that he is not....

Everytime I went out to my balcony and looked to the left - I could see the incident play over and over again in my head.

As far the posting regarding 9/11... Was it employees of the Twin Towers that made them collapse??? NO.... This was an employee of Carnival who did this... I should not have had to watch him fall over - and the story of him falling while working... or, he was blown over... I don't think so...

It was a beautiful day - warm... Sun shining... No wind.... One thing I found odd while watching him fall - he had NO shoes on... So, how many deck hands work without their shoes on? His shoes and coat were in his hands when he fell...

I have been looking for anything online about this - but, have had no luck yet... I do pray that he is OK...

Thanks... Much appreciated to everyone who posted kind words...

JadeWhiskey

Clearly you were traumatized by the experience. Perhaps you should contact a psychologist or a therapist so you can work through the events. (I'm being sincere). Have you contacted Carnival?

I just can't understand why Carnival is being blamed, though. This could have happened just as easily in Any City, USA, at Any Hotel, USA. A cruise ship has the population of a small town....it's not utopia. If it was suicide, how could Carnival be at fault?

I hope you feel better soon.

You all might also consider that this man did survive but needed further medical attention that was not available on the ship, there for forgoing the HMC stop and progressing to San Juan. No matter what reason was given by Carnival for aborting the Stop at HMC someone would have found fault.

Carnival should really compensate us with an enjoyable cruise we all paid good money for. I do plan on writing carnival a letter but I do not think it will do any good.

Why would Carnival need to compensate anyone for something someone else did that was totally out of their control? I mean that is like all the people that vacation on the Gulf wanting BP to compensate them for a lost vacation. Maybe everyone should ask the employee and the weather to compensate them......I am shocked :eek:

Archived