Handicap Villa is only one room

ascatsob

Sorry I see a wall in the picture around the toilet, shower, bath area. A curtain like the balcony cabins that divides the sink area and blocks the light to the rest of the cabin if used at night :confused:

Wall and door clear in this picture

Exactly! Like the balcony cabins....not like the villa suites! This is what I wanted all those customers who were booked in this cabin to understand. It's their choice as to whether the room in sufficient for them. They just needed to know there is no 2nd bedroom, 2nd bathroom, or living room. Just 1 big room with a curtain dividing the bathroom.

Exactly! Like the balcony cabins....not like the villa suites! This is what I wanted all those customers who were booked in this cabin to understand. It's their choice as to whether the room in sufficient for them. They just needed to know there is no 2nd bedroom, 2nd bathroom, or living room. Just 1 big room with a curtain dividing the bathroom.

That was a good thing to do. I would have expected the second bedroom to be gone and clearly NCL should have known what they were selling. My only point was that some had understood it to be no bathroom walls as well with a toilet in the middle of the space only behind a curtain and that just is not the case. It should work great for those that need this suite.

I will still not shed a tear for those that booked it and did not need it regardless of how NCL discribed the space.

Edited by time2cruise1

Hopefully I will be able to complete my story today regarding my relocation from this room as I am still discussing with NCL. One thing I can't believe has not come up regarding these photos is the bathroom door? Some are saying that this suite appears to be fine but voice their opinion on other forums regarding the poor design of the Epic bathrooms with Frosted glass doors? This room has a CLEAR glass door and a hospital curtain to cover Half the view of the facilities to the room? I am Very glad they moved me from this room granted at a considerable amount of phone calls and compromise. More on this later.....

Dave K

Yes Yelobird, I agree. I don't understand why some (or one) doesn't understand the issue. Yes there is a bathroom with a frosted glass wall along the tub and a curtain surrounding the entire bathroom space but that is not the issue. NCL travel consultants are not giving correct information regarding this room. They are not accurately representing it. It is nothing like a standard villa with; 2 separtate private bedrooms, including two vanity/mirrored areas with hairdryers and hanging, shelving and drawer space for both rooms, two separate bathrooms with two toilets, two showers and three sinks. Three TV's in 3 separate rooms. The ability for some to be up and about in the living/dining area with out disturbing the (up to 5) people who might be sleeping in either of the 2 bedrooms.

I know we would have been FURIOUS to find that was our room because we chose a villa specifically because of the separate rooms. We purposely choose hotel rooms with separate sleeping room(s) as well.

I hope everything works out to your satisfaction Yelobird and am sure you will enjoy your anniversary cruise! :)

Yes Yelobird, I agree. I don't understand why some (or one) doesn't understand the issue. Yes there is a bathroom with a frosted glass wall along the tub and a curtain surrounding the entire bathroom space but that is not the issue. NCL travel consultants are not giving correct information regarding this room. They are not accurately representing it. It is nothing like a standard villa with; 2 separtate private bedrooms, including two vanity/mirrored areas with hairdryers and hanging, shelving and drawer space for both rooms, two separate bathrooms with two toilets, two showers and three sinks. Three TV's in 3 separate rooms. The ability for some to be up and about in the living/dining area with out disturbing the (up to 5) people who might be sleeping in either of the 2 bedrooms.

I know we would have been FURIOUS to find that was our room because we chose a villa specifically because of the separate rooms. We purposely choose hotel rooms with separate sleeping room(s) as well.

I hope everything works out to your satisfaction Yelobird and am sure you will enjoy your anniversary cruise! :)

My point exactly!

NYSoccerFamily, You are a Life/Holiday Saver!!!

My self and my parents are currently in a dispute with NCL uk, because we specifically asked when we booked this room in March if 1) it was the same set up as a standard villa, 2) if it still had a bath and 3) if it had the 2nd bedroom still... NCL told our TA that yes, all of these were the same as a standard villa.

when we found out from this post that this was not the case we went back to my TA, who is excellent, and he called NCL to find out what we could do... they pretty much said that they did not know what the room layout was like exactly, but there was enough sleeping area for our party of 3 and that the room was HC accessible like we asked for so what else did we want?!

so I am so grateful that we can now write down exactly what the problems are and give them to our TA to fight our case.

Thanks everyone for your input in clearing up this room situation. :)

Indigo_Star, if I helped at all I am glad to hear it! :) But the real thanks goes to Ascatsob for first pointing this out to everyone. I'm just glad I was able to get in the room and take some pictures to verify Ascatsob's story. Hopefully this whole thread will help others as well and more importantly I hope it forces NCL to clarify the accurate room situation/layout to prospective passengers.

If you have any further questions that I can help you with, based on my viewing of the room, let me know. I will continue to monitor this thread.

Good luck! :)

I agree 100% that other cruisers need to be made aware of this unique penthouse layout.

The current thread has gotten way too long, and to be honest is full of emotion and in some cases in inaccurate information.

If you really want to help others, a new thread with just the facts and pictures would be very helpful to others. I am afraid that the information is lost in this thread to folks that may need to know.

And yes, I know another thread was once started but that unfortunately screamed about how NCL does not post correct information, etc. etc.

Simple facts for this one cabin would be great.

Gary,

I completly disagree with you. This thread is not long enough or even begins to reveal the emotion associated with being mislead by NCL. I know you are a NCL cheerleader which I used to be too. But when you spend as I did $16,600 for a two week vacation plus air fare, tips, extras for meals, you should get what is advertised and not a surpise! How many people need to say the same thing over and over before NCL apologizes or makes some change to better inform the public of what this room is really about? NCL advertised a Villa with walls and seperate sleeping areas. The reality is far from what they advertised and continued to sell as of today! Beacuse this thread is alive there are two families that have posted this week that they too were mislead by NCL.

Hats off to the TA who has the floor plan! That TA has more informtion than you can get from NCL coroportate offices.

I spoke directely with NCL Corporate Offices as I previously posted and they admited that the information posted here was correct.

I hope this thread stays alive until NCL publicly apolpgizes and references accurate information on thier website and also trains thier sales force to accruately disclose the facts regarding this room.

Edited by GigCrusier

Gary,

I completly disagree with you. This thread is not long enough or even begins to reveal the emotion associated with being mislead by NCL. I know you are a NCL cheerleader which I used to be too. But when you spend as I did $16,600 for a two week vacation plus air fare, tips, extras for meals, you should get what is advertised and not a surpise! How many people need to say the same thing over and over before NCL apologizes or makes some change to better inform the public of what this room is really about? NCL advertised a Villa with walls and seperate sleeping areas. The reality is far from what they advertised and continued to sell as of today! Beacuse this thread is alive there are two families that have posted this week that they too were mislead by NCL.

Hats off to the TA who has the floor plan! That TA has more informtion than you can get from NCL coroportate offices.

I spoke directely with NCL Corporate Offices as I previously posted and they admited that the information posted here was correct.

I hope this thread stays alive until NCL publicly apolpgizes and references accurate information on thier website and also trains thier sales force to accruately disclose the facts regarding this room.

I agree with Gigcruiser. This thread only begiins to illustrate the problem as well as the efforts people have gone to in their attempt to find accurate information. The inaccurate information that may exist (in this thread) surely isn't the problem of people making the posts. It rests with NCL who enables it by continuing to ignore the problem as evidenced by Yelobird3 and Indigo_Star's recent encounters. The people who book the cruises continue to mis-represent the suite. We all owe much to ascatsob for revealing the issue and NYSoccerMom for getting the photos.

My last words on this.

If the intent is to notify as many people as possible, this thread is not the best way.

If the intent is something else, then go for it.

Granted, I am a part time NCL cheerleader, but in this situation NCL is 100% wrong and they need to be called on it. But, I think if your intent is to point this out to as many people as possible, the current thread is not the best way. I think some people would not read through this and as a result may book this cabin. Just my two cents.

As to that floor plan. Glad somebody found it, but I can not figure out what is what, which of course will result in more confusion.

In closing, thank you to everyone for bringing this forward. It is just plain wrong, and I think a classic case of poor management by NCL.

My last words on this.

If the intent is to notify as many people as possible, this thread is not the best way.

If the intent is something else, then go for it.

Granted, I am a part time NCL cheerleader, but in this situation NCL is 100% wrong and they need to be called on it. But, I think if your intent is to point this out to as many people as possible, the current thread is not the best way. I think some people would not read through this and as a result may book this cabin. Just my two cents.

As to that floor plan. Glad somebody found it, but I can not figure out what is what, which of course will result in more confusion.

In closing, thank you to everyone for bringing this forward. It is just plain wrong, and I think a classic case of poor management by NCL.

Gary,

Since we aparently agree that NCL is 100% wrong and this is a classic case of poor management, how do you suggest we spread the word?

My intent for continued postings is three fold: 1) Assist other CC Members that the Handicap Villa is NOT a two bedroom suite. 2) NCL to change the way it markets and discloses the Handicap Villa. 3) Public Apology.

While I truly doubt NCL will ever try to intise me back, I would be open to listening to an offer. This is not my motivation but the thought does cross my mind often.

My question to you, Gary is: What would be the best way to notify people?

Thank you for your input to this thread.

With the room occupancy of only 3 people in the HC villa as opposed to 6 people in the standard villa, it appears someone at NCL has figured out that this villa is different. I'm wondering if someone called to book it now would the information that they give out regarding this room be updated.

Edited by glennjudy1

With the room occupancy of only 3 people in the HC villa as opposed to 6 people in the standard villa, it appears someone at NCL has figured out that this villa is different. I'm wondering if someone called to book it now would the information that they give out regarding this room be updated.

They figured it out a long time ago. The very first deck plans even before the restaurants were added showed the cabin as handicapped equipped and only holding 3/4 passengers. The problem correct information never got to the front line people that book the cabins.

I still think the biggest problem with NCL is they should have never sold this cabin to those that did not need it and those that did not need it should never have booked it if they knew it was an HC suite.

They figured it out a long time ago. The very first deck plans even before the restaurants were added showed the cabin as handicapped equipped and only holding 3/4 passengers. The problem correct information never got to the front line people that book the cabins.

I still think the biggest problem with NCL is they should have never sold this cabin to those that did not need it and those that did not need it should never have booked it if they knew it was an HC suite.

I disagree with your last statement. If no HC cruisers need the room it would be absolutely idiotic for NCL to leave the room empty and forfeit the $10k plus in revenues it would generate.

I disagree with your last statement. If no HC cruisers need the room it would be absolutely idiotic for NCL to leave the room empty and forfeit the $10k plus in revenues it would generate.

I guess the question would be, when do you determine it's not needed by a HC cruiser? 3 months before, 1 month before, 1 week before? I know many people who wait until after the final payment period to try and grab great deals on cruises. Since there is only one HC villa, I would think that they would leave that open to book for someone in need until, at a minimum, 1 month out or if the ship has filled all of their regular cabins and the HC cabins are the only remaining ones.

Edited by glennjudy1

Of course the cabin shouldn't be left empty. NCL is a business and needs to make money. However, it should be left open for a reasonable amount of time for a handicapped cruiser to book it. Especially since there is only one.

NCL says they don't let able bodied cruisers book a HC cabin until after Final Payment. Obviously, by evidence of this thread, NCL is not doing this.

After looking at the pictures I think the cabin looks lovely. Sure wish I could afford a cabin like that. ;)

Of course the cabin shouldn't be left empty. NCL is a business and needs to make money. However, it should be left open for a reasonable amount of time for a handicapped cruiser to book it. Especially since there is only one.

NCL says they don't let able bodied cruisers book a HC cabin until after Final Payment. Obviously, by evidence of this thread, NCL is not doing this.

After looking at the pictures I think the cabin looks lovely. Sure wish I could afford a cabin like that. ;)

I am living proof that this is not the case. I called to book my vacation many months before my cruise and was unaware that it was an HC cabin until I received the letter stating so. I was lucky enough to find another empty villa and switched.

I also agree with you that it looks like a lovely cabin, however, it still is not the 3 room suite that I and obviously others were informed it to be. I wanted and was paying for a 3 room suite not a 1 room suite. I suppose it is hard for some to understand unless they are in the same situation.

im just putting in my 2 cents now about the magnitude of the difference in what this stateroom was advertised as and what it actually is...

advertised as...

3 rooms, 2 separate bedrooms, main bathroom with 2 windows, second bathroom, storage space in both bedrooms, 3 tvs, 3 sinks, 2 showers, privacy of separate sleeping areas (ie walls)

actuality...

1 room, 0 separate bedrooms, main bathroom with 0 windows, 0 second bathroom, 0 storage space (from what i can see in the pictures), 1 tv, 1 sink, 1 shower and no privacy of separate sleeping areas (ie walls)

for the amount of money that this cabin is costing us, im furious that NCL are now putting up a fight and saying that we were not missold this cabin.

if you were sold a black cashmere jumper and recieved a black cotton t-shirt, you'd get your money back because its not what you were paying for, but apparently this principle does not apply here.

im just putting in my 2 cents now about the magnitude of the difference in what this stateroom was advertised as and what it actually is...

advertised as...

3 rooms, 2 separate bedrooms, main bathroom with 2 windows, second bathroom, storage space in both bedrooms, 3 tvs, 3 sinks, 2 showers, privacy of separate sleeping areas (ie walls)

actuality...

1 room, 0 separate bedrooms, main bathroom with 0 windows, 0 second bathroom, 0 storage space (from what i can see in the pictures), 1 tv, 1 sink, 1 shower and no privacy of separate sleeping areas (ie walls)

for the amount of money that this cabin is costing us, im furious that NCL are now putting up a fight and saying that we were not missold this cabin.

if you were sold a black cashmere jumper and recieved a black cotton t-shirt, you'd get your money back because its not what you were paying for, but apparently this principle does not apply here.

So I,m gathering that they have no other options for you??

Edited by ascatsob

they've not offered us anything at all yet... our TA is still trying to get through to someone higher up to see what can be done, but they just keep implying that they have done nothing wrong :(

I am so sorry that you are still going through this with NCL. I see that you are a past NCL cutomer too. As I have posted before, I have sailed on NCL for more than 30-years, but there seems to be little or no interest in making making accomidations for their mistake even if you are a past customer. We chose to cancel because they could not deliver what they advertised as you so elegently pointed out. I look forward to hearing back from you and hope that a solution is worked out for you and your family.

Thanks GigCruiser!

We have told our TA that if they cant work something else out, then we would like to cancel our cruise with a full refund. the cruise is costing us £7000 and we have paid roughly £1000 up to now, so its a fair amount to lose as a result of their mistake.

I'll certainly keep you updated on it and let you know if we get anywhere with it.

Last year we went on our first NCL cruise and we fell in love with them, so much so that we have booked cruises with them for the next 2 years! hopefully we can arrange something and we wont need to look for another favourite cruise line.

Thanks GigCruiser!

We have told our TA that if they cant work something else out, then we would like to cancel our cruise with a full refund. the cruise is costing us £7000 and we have paid roughly £1000 up to now, so its a fair amount to lose as a result of their mistake.

I guess I am confused. Looking at your future cruises it looks like you are sailing on the Epic on 9 Oct 2011. If that is the case I am not sure what problem you TA is trying to solve. Most of the other courtyard villa suites are still empty. Should take a simple call to move you :confused:

I guess I am confused. Looking at your future cruises it looks like you are sailing on the Epic on 9 Oct 2011. If that is the case I am not sure what problem you TA is trying to solve. Most of the other courtyard villa suites are still empty. Should take a simple call to move you

I just looked as well and see there are over a dozen of the Courtyard Villas available. Are we missing something?

Edited by garycarla