ASTON WAIKIKI BEACH HOTEL..anyone stayed here??

afloat4ever

thanks spleen

you are always very helpful on these boards, I did read the link, and I was hoping to find out a little more from anyone who has stayed here for a week or more with a family of 4.

How was the hotel service?

Do you think the rooms are large enough for a couple and 2 large teenage boys?

Would there be room for a rollaway bed, the 2 boys do not want to sleep in the same double bed. We will be there for 10 nights and they will not sleep together.

If it was a day or 2 it would not be so bad.

Thanks for all and any help you could give us.

I just returned from Hawaii and did alot of research on hotels. I was going to book the Waikiki Beach but found out the average room size was only 225 sq feet(if I remember correctly) Quite small. I decided to book at a different hotel their rooms were 254 sq feet. There were three of us and I had to share a bed with my mom. The room we did have would never have been able to accomadate a roll away. Alot of the hotel rooms in Hawaii are on the small side. Hope this helps in some way. Linda

My apologies - I never know if people have actually done searches for their questions before posting. The "search" function is your friend, especially now that it works relatively reliably! :D

I have not stayed at the Aston Waikiki Beach hotel myself though I've had meals there a number of times. The atmosphere of the hotel itself is very cool - very modernized retro with a lot of tikis and beachboy paraphernalia. However, while it has been recently renovated in this fashion, it IS an old hotel ... and as such, the rooms will be small. So I agree that it'll be small for the number of people that you're looking for ... and a rollaway would just make it smaller from that standpoint.

Spleen

Archived