Shopping in the Southern Caribbean

bigque

Which ports in the Southern Caribbean is the best to shop in for the best overall bargins and for Duty Free stuff? Upcoming Itenerary: Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Maartin, St. Johns & St Criox!

St Maarten is a shopping mecca.. .I'm not sure you could shop every store in a day if you wanted to! St Johns - you mean Antigua or the island of St John in the Virgin Islands? USVI St John doesn't have much but a few boutiques that are very trendy; there is pretty large shopping area near port in Antigua. St Croix there is one area of shops but at least 5-6 yrs ago when we were there the prices were high and no one was impressed.

Thank you. St. Johns Antigua

I thought I would get more repsonses to this.

St Maarten is a shopping mecca.. .I'm not sure you could shop every store in a day if you wanted to! St Johns - you mean Antigua or the island of St John in the Virgin Islands? USVI St John doesn't have much but a few boutiques that are very trendy; there is pretty large shopping area near port in Antigua. St Croix there is one area of shops but at least 5-6 yrs ago when we were there the prices were high and no one was impressed.

One thing we liked in St Johns was the bar "Cheers" in shopping area near ship where we had the local beer which is "Wahdidli"... I know that's not the right spelling:confused: but just do the old 'sound it out' thing... The area near the port that is kind of closed off is really nice and there were some nice shops.. there were also shops at Nelson Dockyard but we did more signtseeing than shopping there... worth a look though IMHO

Archived